Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] 17.11 error

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "mini-tank-1" (storage tank): next_upgrade target (storage-tank-mk2) must have the same grid alignment (bounding boxes aren't compatible or tile_width/tile_height aren't compatible).
mods to be disabled:
-mini-machines

cheers :)

5 years ago

Any mods that might be adding or affecting storage tanks? Bobs, angels, omni, AAI, pyanodons?

5 years ago

my loaded modlist is as follows:
base mod
bio industries
bob's adjustable inserters
bob's assembling machines
bob's functions library
cargo ships
even distribution
factorioextended plus core
factorioextended plus equipment
factorioextended plus logistics
factorioextended plus machines
factorioextended plus power
factorioextended plus storage
factorioextended plus transport
factorioextended plus weaponry
jamozeds tweaks
miniloader
ore eraser
vanilla loaders hd
what is it really used for?

so i guess it could be the FXP storage?

5 years ago

Ahhh, Factorio Extended again. I can guess what the issue is, considering the difference in internal names with bobsmods (which this mod is expecting)

5 years ago

I think the only way I can fix this issue is by completely supporting Factorio Extended Plus. Why is this mod so popular? It just seems like a watered down version of bobs mods to me. Maybe that's what people want?

At the very least, there shouldn't be too many discrepancies between bobs and.. FXP, you called it? From what I can tell, most of the internal names are the same, with a couple of exceptions. I should only have to fix a few names, change a few tech requirements, and maybe change the balance, if they have different stats.

It's technically feasible, but whether it's worth the effort, for a modset I will almost certainly never use... hmmm...

5 years ago

i dunno. tbh, it's my first time trying it, and i haven't spent enough time with it to actually get to anything added by the mod heh. my normal factorio is bobsangels

5 years ago

Lol, I see. I've had to fix an issue related to this mod before, and I'm pretty sure it's just bobmods.. minus the intermediate products and the ores. With similar extra tiers of assemblers, furnaces, etc.

From what I can tell of the original mod description, there are some new materials, specifically titanium, but not sure how far that extends. There's most likely no electronics overhaul, like bobsmods, and definitely nothing as complex as angels. But then again, I've never used it either, so I don't exactly know..

5 years ago

i think my main reason for grabbing it this time around was that it was ready for .17 before either angel's or bob's. that said, most of angel's and bob's are updated now. were i to switch (disabling FXP), would the problem be solved?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Were they? Bobs updated even before I did, so I guess I never noticed. I was a little late to the 0.17 party though. Angels definitely took a while longer though.

If you already have a save game that you want to continue, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're willing to start a new game, then yes, there should be no issues.

This issue only exists because FXP Transport (not Storage, for some reason?) modifies the vanilla storage tank to have a t2 upgrade, but mini machines does not create a corresponding t2 upgrade (due to not detecting bobsmods), and doesn't overwrite this data. Being a 2x2 entity, it cannot be upgraded into a 3x3 entity, so Factorio throws an error.

If you do want to continue your current save, I am still in the process of working on a full compatibility version.

5 years ago

Alright, mini machines should be fully compatible with FXP as of v6.1.0; with Transport, adds mini tank up to t2, and with Machines, adds mini assembler t4 and t5, furnace t2 and t3, miner t2, radar t2, refinery t2 and t3, and chemical plant t2 and t3, perfectly aligning beside FXP's additional tiers of machines.

New response