Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] no recipes for first mini machines

5 years ago

I disabled "Mini Machhine Balance" option and got no recipes for first tier mini machines, insted i got 2 basic(non mini) ones with same recipe: 2 Assemblers, 2 Miners.
Turning option on again and restarting made it back working.

5 years ago

That's weird. I'll have to look into that... just for more information, did you have any other mods that might affect the assembling machines and miners? Aside from bobs mods, that is.

5 years ago

Angel's mods, Bob's mods and Miles' Bob's Expansion.
I think its all i have that somehow touch assembling machines.
Nothing more for miners.

5 years ago

Hmmm... I couldn't recreate this bug in my testing. Bobsmods works. Bobs + Angels works. Miles + Bobs + Angels works. I'm assuming you're not using shiny mods, so I didn't test with those. Must be something else affecting the vanilla machines that makes the copy fail?

Because having the same recipe is what's supposed to happen; the Balance option just makes the mini machines an exact duplicate of the base machine, without changing power use, module slots, recipe, etc. But they definitely should still be smaller. The only reason they wouldn't be, is if something changed the original machine to something my copy function isn't expecting.

Unless you have it disabled through a mod, you can also hover an entity in-game, and it should tell you what mods are affecting. Try checking them again, and see if some other mod might be affecting the vanilla assembler and miner?

5 years ago

I'm playing with balance now, works fine. I'll try to recreate this again tho.

5 years ago

Veryy unusual. Have you changed your modlist recently? Removed an old mod, or added a new one?

The problem might be a weird load order, where depending on the mods, things load in a way that breaks things, but with a different list of mods, things load in a way that works. Which might be why I haven't been able to recreate the issue.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I just started playing factorio again recently so i'm messing with mod list pretty often to find all i want.

Found some time to repeat this bug.
Checked "hover" thing, disabled mods one by one except graphicss ones. No effect. Recipes for first tier still missing.
It's some kind of unique bug i caught installing/unistalling lots of mods.
Pretend there was no bug?)

P.S. Reinstalling game didnt help.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Holy shit, after 4 months, I actually figured out what was causing this issue. I just solved a seemingly unrelated issue which described the same symptoms. Though it might have been caused by different mods (AAI was the offender in the other post).

But basically a mod was changing the vanilla t1 recipes from .result to .results, which was unexpected and went unedited by my copyRecipe function. This new .results overrides .result when both are present, meaning the mini recipe ends up producing regular sized machines instead, and there is no way to produce mini machines.

This error should finally be fixed in v6.1.3, only 4 months too late. But I'm also slightly proud that this issue I could never recreate is now fixed.

New response