Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b New error on data-final-fixes.lua

6 years ago

I'm getting an error on line 436 of data-final-fixes.lua that says it's attempting to index field "icons" which is a nil value. I've tinkered with it a bit and I cannot figure it out.

However, I did notice that on line 434 it says ".icon then" while other similar lines like 446 and 478 says ".icons then". That being said, changing 434 showed no change to the error I'm getting.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

This error seems to be related to bob's mods. The mod loads fine without bob's.
A fix: remove/comment (add -- in front) all lines in data-final-fixes.lua with data.raw.recipe[].icons[1].icon

lines 436, 483, 498, 512, 525, 539, 555, 580, 581

6 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the fix!

6 years ago

I'm sorry but can you explain how to do the fix in a different way? I'm confused as to how you can fix it manually. Thanks!

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)
  1. Download the mod
  2. Extract the downloaded mini-machines_5.0.1.zip file (if you used factorio to download the mod, it will be in "C:\Users[Your User]\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods" on Windows)
  3. Open the file data-final-fixes.lua with a text editor
  4. (a) Remove the lines with the following line numbers: 581, 580, 555, 539, 525, 512, 498, 483, 436
    (b) Alternative: Add -- in front of the given lines
  5. Save and close the file
  6. Repack all files into mini-machines_5.0.1.zip
  7. Add the new .zip to your mods folder and activate the mod in factorio
6 years ago

Thanks so much, Jojo. I appreciate you taking the time!

6 years ago

Okay, so I fixed one error that was actually related to bobs mods, but it wasn't this one. (it was an icon_size issue with electrolysers)

This problem was actually a compatibility issue with shinybobs. I'm thinking Factorio 0.16 changed (/fixed) an issue that required those lines in order to display shinybobs powerbars in the icon of the actual recipes in the crafting menu, not just in the inventory/hotbar. Or maybe he changed his logic to not overwrite the recipes.

Either way, that basically was the fix for the issue. Hopefully I didn't miss anything, and that the latest version catches all use cases.

New response