Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Mini-radar

6 years ago

Can add a mini-radar? I would like something like a security-camera mod. But he had terrible graphics.

6 years ago

LOL it's hard to make a unique sprite for a game like this. Hm, so a mini radar with similar features to a regular radar, but with reduced range and size? That actually would work really well. I'll look into that later today or tomorrow.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yes. A small radar with a small range of scanning and drawing. The size of the radar is 2 x 2.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hmmm... there are many different routes I can take with this mini radar. I'm currently coding it, and have its entity size reduced to 2x2, but the scanning part of it is a bit more complex. A vanilla radar will consistently reveal a 7x7 chunk centered around itself, and then slowly scan a much larger 29x29 area.

The security camera reveals only a 1x1 area (the chunk that it's placed in) and scans no other sectors. A mini radar should definitely do a little more than that, but how much more is the question. Matching it to 7x7 might be a bit much.. maybe 5x5. And then there's the question of whether or not it should try to scan anything outside of its range. If no, then it will be cheaper by far to maintain (vanilla radar cost of 300kw vs camera cost of 20kw; mini-radar would be somewhere in the middle) and it would serve a completely different purpose than the regular radars, which is the point, I suppose.

So the only problem would be balancing the numbers. I'll start conservatively with a 5x5 reveal area, and then see if it needs buffing from there. Although with bobs warfare, the higher tier mini-radars with increasing reveal areas should cover that issue. Update coming soon-ish

EDIT: v4.1.6 should be out now with mini radar support.

6 years ago

I made myself a small mod that adds a kind of conventional radar. In the parameters I wrote this:
max_distance_of_sector_revealed = 4,
max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed = 1

6 years ago

Forgive me for bad English, if I write awkwardly. I use a translator.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hm, that would scan a 3x3 chunk area centered around itself. I actually tested that out before I went with the 5x5; it just felt a bit too small for me. If the mini radar is to be used as a simple camera, then it doesn't really need any scanning capabilities.

Btw, the max_distance_of_sector_revealed is the slow scanning range, while max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed is the reveal area. Both are in terms of radius, so 0 would result in a 1x1 chunk; 1 would do a 3x3 (1 in the center, and one to each side, as a square), 2 would do a 5x5; and so on and so forth.

I decided to set max_distance_of_sector_revealed to 0, and max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed to 2 (with higher tiers increasing this value)

New response