Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Conflict with ShinyBobGFX (some tests inside)

6 years ago

I did some tests and can explain (fresh Factorio without any other mods):
minimachines + ShinyBobGFX // work
minimachines + ShinyBobGFX + Bob Mods (exlude Bob's Assembly) // work
minimachines + ShinyBobGFX + Bob Mods (include Bob's Assembly) // error mini_machines/func.lua:192 bad argument #1 to 'pairs'
minimachines + Bob Mods (include Bob's Assembly) // work

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ah, did ShinyBobs finally update? Or is this a spiritual successor by someone else? Either way, thanks for all the testing, I'll have to see about it. So when you say it works, does that also mean the mini machines are using the same graphics? The icon probably won't match up, but the actual entity graphics are working? Because that would be nice if they were :D

EDIT: Fixed compatibility with ShinyBobGFX as of v4.0.12, so it no longers errors during startup. Tho I might want to improve the compatibility later on, as the icons won't match up to the entity in most cases (most notably in the miners and assemblers). But at least it definitely won't crash

6 years ago

Author of ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX here; I like the term spiritual successor, I'm stealing that.

As to the incompatibility, thank you for fixing. I understand maybe 2% of what you're doing in your mod (code-wise) and was considering moving to the wilderness and hollowing out a log to live in.

If there's something I can do to help you 'improve compatibility' shoot me a PM on the forums.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

LMAO, let me know when you get there; you can send me a postcard X3 It's definitely unlike how most other mods do it, but I feel it makes my job easier, since it's mostly automated, thus less manual labor.

Simply put, for each item, recipe, and entity I choose, I duplicate it and reduce the cost to 66% (2/3) then push it into the game, and tweak any values for balance and such afterwards. Simple enough and catches almost everything that modifies the vanilla objects, like bobs :D

6 years ago

Thanks a lot, guys :)

New response