Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Why not reduce Crafting Speed as well?

7 years ago

As it is, the Mini Assembling Machines aren't really nerfed at all. I think giving them a good solid swing with the nerfbat where it hurts, which is Crafting Speed, will be good for game balance.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hmm, is that so.. For the the first mini-assembler, I kept it at the same speed as the regular sized one so that the 3-2 ratio for green circuits would stay the same. The drawback of only being able to craft 1 ingredient recipe should keep it from being any more useful than the regular sized one, and can't be used to automate most things (incl. red science).

There's a similar case for the second level of mini-assembler, as it can only craft as many items as the first tier of regular sized assembler, and can't be used to replace most things, like the inserter part of green science, or blue science. I could limit the second tier of mini assembler to only one ingredient recipes, just like the first tier, but I didn't want to keep it completely restricted to the same green circuit and bullet cases. The crafting speed being equal here is for the same reason as the first tier. I could reduce module support, or perhaps remove it entirely, if it really is over-centralizing, maybe.. but I really wanted to keep those equal ratios.

The third tier of mini assembler... is most likely OP. It can craft with as many items as the second tier regular sized assembler (so it can craft almost everything you need to automate) and has module support, AND is as fast a t3 regular sized assembling machine, AND has a smaller footprint. I had already nerfed module support (from 4 to 2) but I can see how a crafting speed nerf would help for this case. Maybe making it as fast as a t2 assembling machine, or somewhere between t2 and t3.

7 years ago

This mod sounds very interesting, if only the sizes of the various things has been reduced. To start playing around with speed and modules seems to go a bit off topic...and create a bit of confusion with those of us who are intrigued by the cool idea of being able to put more in less space.

7 years ago

Wellp, it's a bit overdue, but there is now a config option to disable the balance changes, making the mini machines exactly the same as their bigger counterparts.

New response