HeroTurrets

Turrets are built using salvaged self-learning AI tech from your ship allowing them to get deadlier with practice. Extends turrets via ranking system based on kills. Turrets generated so not limited to vanilla, identifiable by overlaid rank insignia. Rank buffs individual turrets.

Content
7 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Example Commit to Increase Mod Compability

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I have a couple users for my mod asking me if I could see about making our mods more compatible.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SearchlightAssault/discussion/61be1e558e86f78401c9f1cd

After some investigation, I noticed your mod creates all of its turrets in the data-final-fixes stage.
Would it be possible to have your mod make all of its initial turrets in an earlier stage, then update final combat values in data-final-fixes?
(My mod also "boosts" turrets, and does things that way)

I made a fork of your repo to try doing this, and the tests I did looked promising -- turrets were still ranking up just fine.
https://github.com/bolderbrush10/ModMash/commit/c4fb98c659690e18b1b875b46d54e720e5190f7b

I can make a pull request to a branch of yours if you like.
If there's tests you'd like me to run before doing so, I can do that too.

2 years ago

Well hell, This mod is very old now but considering you have put in the effort very much I will try look at in the weekend.
Biggest fear is doing this would break compat with other mods.

2 years ago

there are some other minor changes i need to re-wrap my head around before hand. It may be safer to check if your mod exists do this otherwise do that.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking a look! Your mod might be old but a lot of people still love it

2 years ago

Working on now, had to update many things, different version + some other changes were in process in the back ground.
Doing some basic testing now. Will be a start up setting.

2 years ago

Well that sucked first test failed no turrets at all

2 years ago

sorted

2 years ago

Thank you so much!

This thread has been locked.