HeroTurrets

Turrets are built using salvaged self-learning AI tech from your ship allowing them to get deadlier with practice. Extends turrets via ranking system based on kills. Turrets generated so not limited to vanilla, identifiable by overlaid rank insignia. Rank buffs individual turrets.

Content
8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b PR submitted on github for mod compatability

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://github.com/pixelwhipped/ModMash/pull/11

Basically, you were not letting other mods know when you destroyed their entities.

Also, something is wrong with how you create and scale icons. I tried finding the problem, but gave up. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like (in an infinity chest -- the only place I see the problem, but still really annoying) https://i.imgur.com/aB8aYkI.png

And here's what factorio-current.log has to say about it:

4.923 Warning AtlasSystem.cpp:155: Image "base/graphics/icons/artillery-targeting-remote.png" was used for an icon multiple times with different scale. Icon background might not be consistent with other icons.
4.930 Warning AtlasSystem.cpp:155: Image "base/graphics/icons/artillery-targeting-remote.png" was used for an icon multiple times with different scale. Icon background might not be consistent with other icons.

3 years ago

Dam, those icon scales are messed up. I will look at it. That's not what I see at all.

3 years ago

Thanks for the submit on git. Will apply

3 years ago

working on updates, appears latest update of creative mod solves the icon issue.
Factorio updated icons quite some time ago to allow icons with mip maps which my no have been taken into account.
Dealing with artillery wagons now and like Gatling Pulse Lasers don't think I need to change right now but may augment the modifier depending on initial projectile damage. that being said what would you consider a reasonable max damage or just leave the insanity as it is

3 years ago

I wasn't complaining about the insanity. I was just laughing at it. I swapped my base over to using turrets when I discovered that I couldn't just add 'artillery-wagon' to your list of items and have it work. Really the only thing I want fixed at this point is the icon scaling issue. Everything else I'm happy with.

3 years ago

Update on the icon issue: This was not your bug. The bug was in Artillery_Manual_Only. The mod writer was scaling the icon for some reason, and that was driving your mod crazy. I removed the offending line from Artillery_Manual_Only_ and now everything looks correct.

3 years ago

great, well guess i'll be doing something else now.
was trying to replicate and not having much luck.

This thread has been locked.