Shuttle Train Lite

by folk

A remake of the classic Shuttle Train by Simwir.

Content
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16
Trains

i Remember filter?

7 years ago

Would it be possible for the UI to remember the last filter string you entered in the UI?

All my shuttle stations start with "PAX" so it's easy to find, but I have to type it in every time.

Totally awesome mod otherwise :)

7 years ago

Yes, that would be possible, but I explicitly want the behavior that it has now.
I could add a setting to "Remember filter" in the mod settings I guess?
Would there be an easier way to do it?

For example I can make it so that clicking station buttons with shift/ctrl/alt pressed would not remove filter. But then you would not be able to use it with the dot-to-go functionality.

I don't know, what do you suggest? There's probably a better idea I haven't thought of.

7 years ago

For me the ideal would be to have a setting in Mod options to remember filter.
And that it essentially just auto fills the text box for filter with whatever was last used. So I can type in something else if I would want to.

I have noticed that sometimes old default names of stations show up in the list.
Have not tried clicking them.
From the name and count of them, I think that it is startions I placed and then picked up to place somewhere else again before renaming them. So might be something wrong in the on entity destroy call or something like that?

7 years ago

I added an option for next update.

7 years ago

Cool thanx!

Btw. I figured out how the old names get stuck in the list for a while.
I often create multiple stations with the same name and the way I do that is that I plop them all down, and then rename one of them. And then copy that to the others. The old names of the once I copy too remain in the list.

7 years ago

Indeed, that does not trigger the on_entity_renamed function - what the fuck. Anyway I will release 0.1.9 soon.

7 years ago

Sounds like a bug in Factorio then!

Cool looking forward to it :D

7 years ago

Works great!

One puzzling thing though.
It saves the filter text in the text box between loads. (Saving quitting Loading game save)
But after I have loaded a save the filter in the text box is not applied.
I have to change something (adding removing a letter) for it to apply to the list.

It's not very important, I can edit it once per play session :) But just so you know, incase it's an easy quick fix :)

Thank you very much for implementing my requested feature :)

7 years ago

Fixed that for next release.

New response