Enemy Race Manager

by heyqule

Add support to have multiple races of enemies and add various enhancements to enemy races. They become tougher as you kill them. Added aerial enemies to all races. Buffed defensive entities and some attacks to balance with high level enemies. Free For All games!! Please visit the mod page or search "ERM -" mods to download the new demo races.

Content
2 months ago
Combat Enemies Environment

b causes a non recoverable error whenever I launch a rocket

9 months ago

whenever I launch a rocket the game just bricks itself and it's basically soft locking me from getting science packs. and I would really appreciate it if you could help me fix this issue please.
text from the note: The mod Enemy Race Manager (1.17.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event enemyracemanager::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
enemyracemanager/lib/helper/race_settings_helper.lua:226: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
enemyracemanager/lib/helper/race_settings_helper.lua:226: in function 'add_to_attack_meter'
enemyracemanager/controllers/on_rocket_launch.lua:23: in function 'handler'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:342: in function 'pcall'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:362: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:396>
and there shouldn't be any mods conflicting but just in case am wrong here is my list of mods:
1.advanced solar high resolution
2.beacon mk2
3.better suit suite
4. bob's pipe troughput
5.B&A proper pollution
6.bobs assembling machines
7.ERM
8.ERM terran
9.helicopter revival
10.scrapyards
11.longer cannon shell range
12.MOAR infinite research
13.RA2 nuclear reactor
14.true nukes
15.warheads
also save file: https://savesync.me/game/106452

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Hi

The save seems not the correct one. It looks like a very old vanilla save.

1. It did not ask me to load the mods when I load the save.
  2. It doesn't have rocket silo.

Update: It is a 126 hour, 1.0, vanilla save.

9 months ago

must of put the wrong save by accident. amma send you the right one. am sorry!

9 months ago

should be all in order now

9 months ago

hmm.. The page says it's 23MB. But the download is the old one (12MB).

9 months ago

Tried it in Incognito mode as well. It still serves the 12MB save.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

that's odd I just downloaded it and it's size is 22.833mb.. do you know of a different site or way I can send you the file then?
NVM found something that will finally work. (also renamed the file to V2 so I won't mistake it for a different one again)
https://mega.nz/file/oXFEwITb#BcVFsUBBUjXLFaE2jkHCI968dnCCboJ1Bmy8JYJ1it0

9 months ago

OK. The new save work and it did crash on my end. Thanks for the report.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

YES! woooh finally worked. do you know what causes it tho?
and thank you for still willing to help even with my constant f ups Dx

9 months ago

The cause of the crash is from Easier Terran mod. The mod is registered as enemy, even tho it's not. So when the point system pick an enemy race, it picked the Easier Terran and crash. That mod hasn't followed the modding best practice. I'm surprised this issue takes this long to arise.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

huh.. now that's ... interesting.. guess that I have to uninstall that mod and just take take that hit then?
come to think of it, it would explain why it says that it doesn't know who to give those attack points to..

9 months ago

You can try install the my Terran mod and uninstall his. See if the Terran units on your save stay. I don't know what that modder did to make it "easier". I'll message him to update his mod to follow best practice.

9 months ago

I tested them both and as far as I saw he's mod made the research cheeper but don't know if the "prices" for em' we're any different. anywho I'll go on over and uninstall that mod and cross my fingers. thanks again for the help and for this outstanding mod man! you rock! :D

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

I tested them both and as far as I saw he's mod made the research cheaper and the price per unit is also a whole lot less expensive as I've come to find out. anywho I'll go on over and uninstall that mod and cross my fingers. thanks again for the help and for this outstanding mod man! you rock! :D
yap.. unfortunetlly just as I thought they are 2 different units/buildings altogether and once I replaced it with you're mod thousands of resources went to the void :/

9 months ago

ya. he changed the units name prefix as well.

9 months ago

why tho? why such a drastic change?

9 months ago

He did mention he's new to the modding. What he changed(recipe costs) could be done in just one file. But he copied everything and changed the prefixes.

I mentioned to contact me for best practices before extending my mods. Both modders for terran easier and the new Zerg HD did not do that. They could extended on what I did, instead make a "new" race.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

actually I saw not too long ago you talk to the guy who made the zerg hd mod. am also using he's mod and it's the good stuff. but did he say anything about him helping you on making a hd terran mod? or was it a dead end?

9 months ago

The Zerg HD modder hasn't replied. It's good that he took time to do that.

I didn't have the tool to extract HD texture and I also don't want to touch "pay gated" assets lol.

HD Terran is currently a dead mod, which is only downloadable in my discord.

9 months ago

yeahhh.. blizzard is defintelly one of the companies of all time nowadays sadly so I can't blame ya for not wanting to step on that thin ice and I mean hell ya did try to make this mod even more perfect so I mean overall great job all around! btw is the tester discord link a link to you're discord oooor tester specific?

9 months ago

No. it's not tester specific. Everyone is welcome to my Discord.

9 months ago

great! I got the same error here, thanks for reporting!

9 months ago

I created a bug report on easier terran mod. I'll have to mark it incompatible, if I don't see his response by the time I release the next upgrade.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/erm_easier_terran/discussion/64b6b019ffcfa2eb3418b880

9 months ago

I created a bug report on easier terran mod. I'll have to mark it incompatible, if I don't see his response by the time I release the next upgrade.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/erm_easier_terran/discussion/64b6b019ffcfa2eb3418b880

Thank you very much, now I have unstalled that, but great mod you made! I like this mod, playing SC in another game, just I feel player unit can be more weak and cheaper than enemy, so that player must to build more and more and more unit and go die..die...die...
good brother at all

9 months ago

My newer ERM_Terran version has a cheap mode that lower the costs. It's about 25%-50% cost reduction. But units have 30% less health to balance it.

9 months ago

My newer ERM_Terran version has a cheap mode that lower the costs. It's about 25%-50% cost reduction. But units have 30% less health to balance it.

cool, thank you!

New response