Enemy Race Manager

by heyqule

Add support to have multiple races of enemies and add various enhancements to enemy races. They become tougher as you kill them. Added aerial enemies to all races. Buffed defensive entities and some attacks to balance with high level enemies. Free For All games!! Please visit the mod page or search "ERM -" mods to download the new demo races.

Content
a month ago
Combat Enemies Environment

g Question about Free For All mode

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

The Free for All mode multiplies the enemies' attack and the player's health to balance the fighting time, but with such a high hp some items and armor of other mods become useless (eg. the medpack in SpaceExploration).
What's worse, I also use some other mods (maybe Kastorio2?) which modifis the mechanism of health regeneration, and the combination of the above makes it almost impossible to recover after getting hurt.
So are there any ways to enable free fight between enemies without applying the multiplier, or any other solutions?

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

nope. There isn't other solution that I can see to balance this atm. Maybe there is, it probably requires re-work of the mod's difficulty system. Player's weapon upgrades are too powerful & hard to balance.

1. I have bump enemy defense. Otherwise, uranium rounds tears any powerful unit like butter.
  2. Enemy's damage can not be too high. Otherwise, they tear your defense like butter.

This results enemy units have very tough defense and deal small amout of damage.

When FFA enable, imagine dealing 10 damage per attack on a 10000 HP unit. They take forever to kill eat other. The enemy units also spawn fast from unit spawners. Your map ended up with never ending amount of units whom are trying to kill each other. That can bring your computer to a halt before the game starts. So the easiest way to balance it is to bump enemy damage and player entity health while enemy's health stay the same.

What I can do is to give additional buff for the healing items, and total shield value in FFA, using the same multiplier. That's about it.
I recall SpaceEx disables player's health regeneration. So you only rely on medpack to regen health.

1 year, 7 months ago

Okay... Thank you for your explanation. It seems that I have to defend the PZ coalition for the present πŸ˜‚.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Hi! So, mr. Heyqule. Can you ajust multiplier for adaptive armor in Space Exploration? having 150 shield with 4XMK1 adaptive armor and 11500 hp on spidertrone looks very sad. Especially when i'm use nerfed spidertrons versions to fight nests, and trying to enforce them.

1 year, 4 months ago

lol ok. I'll add the same multiplier to shield and medic kit from SE in FFA mode.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks! Waiting for it very much)

1 year, 4 months ago

New release is out. That includes the adaptive armor buff.

1 year, 4 months ago

thanks!

New response