Enemy Race Manager

by heyqule

Add support to have multiple races of enemies and add various enhancements to enemy races. They become tougher as you kill them. Added aerial enemies to all races. Buffed defensive entities and some attacks to balance with high level enemies. Free For All games!! Please visit the mod page or search "ERM -" mods to download the new demo races.

Content
a month ago
Combat Enemies Environment

g question regarding mod compatibility and functions

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

so in the information tab, you mentioned in regards to rampant compatibility; that this mod is partly combatable. but the new rampant AI dose not effect the new factions added because rampant targets the 'enemy' faction.
I am confused about two things:
what rampant dose other then AI things, that is combatable with this mod?
if I wanted to modify rampant AI to target the new factions added, I would simply have to change what 'faction' rampant was targeting right? or is something like that not so simple:

second question:
I love the idea of having more then one faction in my world, but something i love to bits is having my bitters fight each other. is it possible to set the different 'factions' to be enemy's? so I could lets say, land in the middle of an protoss zerg war? because I kind of really really want to do that now?

third question:
do the 'enemy settings' (on new game creation) effect the newly added factions?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

RE: what rampant dose other then AI things, that is combatable with this mod?

The all AI things should be compatible when you use biters and its variants as 'enemy' force in your game. If you don't use biter faction, you don't need to enable rampant, it would be waste of performance.

If you want to modify to work with zerg or other custom races, you'll have to dig its lua files on how things are handle and test them. You may only need to change things in Upgrade.lua, since that's where I see various queries are targeting 'enemy' force. My custom races use 'enemy_{race_name}' format. e.g. enemy_erm_zerg.

RE: something i love to bits is having my bitters fight each other. is it possible to set the different 'factions' to be enemy's?
lol. Yes. It's possible. A new command will be add to enable free for all mode in next release.

For current version, you can run the following command to disable their friendship.
/c game.forces['enemy_erm_toss'].set_friend('enemy_erm_zerg', false)
/c game.forces['enemy_erm_zerg'].set_friend('enemy_erm_toss', false)

However, you should only play with max level 5 or max level 10 enemy for this. They don't have enough damage output to kill each other in a reasonable time at higher level. The spawner will spawn unit faster than they can kill each other. This end up lagging your computer till one race kill off the other one in a huge war.

RE: do the 'enemy settings' (on new game creation) effect the newly added factions?
Yes they do. All settings behave the same. Having higher factor values will speed up the level up.

2 years ago

thanks. ill go look at the lua and see if I can get one of the races to have rampant.
glad there's an easy way to have an big protoss/zerg war. although its kind of sad that they don't have the DPS to destroy anything at high difficulty's. mabye consider giving them some AOE units at the higher levels? would that even help? who knows.
and im glad the settings work. something i like to do is mess with how the enemy reacts to pollution, so it spreads farther, or the enemy uses it better to spawn more units. so its nice to know that will work here as well

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

There are AOE units. But their damage and HP are balanced against the player's building and weapon . Player's weapons are very overpowered and building HP are very low in comparison.

Give the enemy high damage would just one shot all your buildings lol. And if I lower the enemy's HP and resistance, your turrets will one shot them, which defeats the purpose of high level enemy. High level units have like 100DPS with 3K - 9K HP and 90% resist. So they are like doing 10-20 DPS against each other lol.

Maybe I'll rebalance all buildings HPs and damage again for free for all mode in later release.

Regarding to the enemy setting:
If you are playing with enemy expansion enable and want more enemies, I recommend lower the biter expansion max cooldown and set the build style to "build a base" mode in mod setting's mod tab.

New response