Enemy Race Manager

by heyqule

Add support to have multiple races of enemies and add various enhancements to enemy races. They become tougher as you kill them. Added aerial enemies to all races. Buffed defensive entities and some attacks to balance with high level enemies. Free For All games!! Please visit the mod page or search "ERM -" mods to download the new demo races.

Content
a month ago
Combat Enemies Environment

g Changing the coordinate for multiplayer

2 years ago

I've installed this mod for our multiplayer session which uses Factorio's default multiplayer option. The problem we have with this is we're so far from the 0, 0 coordinate that it's either always Zerg or Protoss. We're at roughly -10,000 on the X axis, with several thousand positive on the Y. I have no idea why the game does that, but it's what we ended up with.

Any chance we could modify the variable for the X/Y so we can center the coordinate for our situation? We'd like to have both races separately attacking us without mixing them together, making for a more diverse attack and defensive strategy based on our outpost locations.

Thanks.

2 years ago

I'll take a look for the next update. I think it's doable.

2 years ago

Hi

1.3.0 allows you to do that by setting a number in the "[2 races split] Center point for split" setting. But it will only affect new chunks or new map.

2 years ago

It's greatly appreciated. The split works perfectly and we've centered it for our needs. Thank you very much.

The only bug we've encountered is an expansion/formation error, which we saw in previous versions as well.
https://puu.sh/HVDJi/3c56d01260.png

No mods affecting behavior besides this one, as we removed Rampant in favor of Zerg/Protoss only.

2 years ago

Np. I just pushed a fix for that crash.

btw. is your server public?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

It's not public. Just a little family map where we fool about in PvP while building a functional factory.

As the veteran player, I'm responsible for mods that balance gameplay between our skills, and so I'm hoping this mod with its longer evolution scale and varied enemies provides more of an interest than the same old biters that cliff in difficulty so rapidly.

Plus I'm the millennial that grew up on Starcraft. The novelty of building a 'Terran Industrial Base' as it were, to fight back against the Zerg/Protoss invasion brings back those childhood campaign memories.

2 years ago

Haha ya. "building a 'Terran Industrial Base'" is the reason I let Terran units to be player assets.

Enjoy and let me know when you encounter any problem since multiplayer aspect on this mod have not been properly tested. :)

2 years ago

The only element missing is a Command Center to automatically deploy the units in scout mode.

I could transport the troops via trains to command center outposts. They deploy, fight, and die for the empire; while I supply them with endless fresh troops from assembly lines back at base.

Then we can be an armchair emperor like Mengsk. Building the empire while the minions do all the fighting.

New response