Enemy Race Manager

by heyqule

Add support to have multiple races of enemies and add various enhancements to enemy races. They become tougher as you kill them. Added aerial enemies to all races. Buffed defensive entities and some attacks to balance with high level enemies. Free For All games!! Please visit the mod page or search "ERM -" mods to download the new demo races.

Content
a month ago
Combat Enemies Environment

g Krastorio2/space exploration

3 years ago

Compatible? And hov that works on other surfaces (other planets and moons)? Possible to make random race on other planets?

3 years ago

I just noticed a crash when I scan other planets in Space Exploration. I'll push a fix this weekend. Other than that, the biter generation should work in the same way as on Nauvis. The biter generation is based on base game's autoplace function.

I do plan to build one race per surface feature. It will be part of "Surface based controls / SE compatibility" update.

3 years ago

fyi. 0.6.0 release fixed the crash.

3 years ago

Noticed this bug today(crash on start)
enemyracemanager/data-updates.lua:245:attempt to index field ''?' (a nie value)
stack traceback: enemyracemanager/data-updates.lua:245:in main chunk

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hm... Do you have a mod that modify explosive rocket? May you post your save?

My guess is that somewhere in this chain changed. It doesn't crash on my end.

data.raw['projectile']['explosive-rocket']['action']['action_delivery']['target_effects'][6]['action']['ignore_collision_condition'] = true

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I did some digging. So Krastorio2 override everything in "target_effects" for explosive-rocket. If Krastorio2 loads before this mod, it'll crash with your error. In my original test, my mod loaded before Krastorio2 and it's fine.

I'll push a fix in a few hours.

3 years ago

Please give 0.6.1 a try. That fixed the crash on my end.

3 years ago

Thank You. Works very good now. I love this mod. Can You make bobs enemies and natural evolution enemis compatible too? BTW. Thank You again. I really love this mod, great job!

3 years ago

Im finally ready with my victory spaceship in SE, so today i make new game to test ERM. Zerg/vanila +cold,explorer and snappers mix looks good now, but zergs dont generator creep when i use K2, thats only one small problem now. THIS mod is avesome and i have hope someday You find someone to help You with more new races. Thank You again :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm happy to hear that it works with 2 major mods.

rofl. Good luck with explosive biters. They are worse than zerg in term of damage. They melt buffed base game defenses during my test lol. I guess K2 has better defense weapons to deal with them. If it gets too bad, you can lower their damage in explosive's biter mod setting lol.

I started to work on one race per surface feature. Hope to release it sometime next month.

K2 only generates creep on "enemy" force. There isn't much I can do on my end. I did propose a solution to K2 author. Let see if that includes in a future update. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio2/discussion/605d800cf3bb48c41a98cd6b

re: "Can You make bobs enemies and natural evolution enemies compatible too?"
Not sure at the moment. Once this reaches 1.0, I may use the base game player assets to create a new enemy race.

2 years ago

On top of not generating K2 Creep, leveled biters don't qualify for loot from Alien Loot Economy. As well, they consider the walls in Ribbon Maze to be hostile (think the walls are set to force "maze-terraforming-targets").

2 years ago

ya. Compatibilities for less popular mods are not done at this point.

New response