Crafting Combinator Xeraph's Fork

by Xeraph

Includes combinators that allow you to set or read the recipe of any crafting machine, get ingredients or products of a recipe and more!

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Circuit network Manufacturing

b [fixed in 0.4.2][0.4.1] crash with Factorio-Tiberium

1 year, 2 months ago

Error while running event crafting_combinator_xeraph::on_tick (ID 0)
Unknown virtual-signal name: tiberium-tranmutation-to-aluminum-ore
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__crafting_combinator_xeraph/script/rc.lua:200: in function 'find_recipe'
crafting_combinator_xeraph/script/rc.lua:147: in function 'update'
crafting_combinator_xeraph/control.lua:300: in function 'run_update'
crafting_combinator_xeraph/control.lua:356: in function <crafting_combinator_xeraph/control.lua:304

is it possible to prevent this crash?

1 year, 2 months ago

Can you provide a way to reproduce this error? What mods were involved?

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

just find uses for water ice

or find recipes for iron ore

1 year, 2 months ago

thanks for the repro, may I know which fork are you using? I will need the other mod to cross require and do some function calls to fix this.

EDIT: the crash has been fixed without the need for cross-require. However, if a mod wants a recipe signal to be generated by Crafting Combinator after its data-final-fixes has taken place, the recipe prototype table added into data.raw should be complete upon assigning (instead of creating an incomplete prototype and then adding properties to it).

1 year, 2 months ago

the cause of bug is due to how the tranmutation and growth-credit recipes are being generated by Tiberium - it is being generated in data-final-fixes after my mod.

There isn't an easy way to pick up recipe changes after my mod finishes its data-final-fixes, and I do not intend to resolve this bug by adding the dependency in crafting combinator - one of the reasons is that there are potentially more forks (currently Tiberium has 3?) and I do not want to have to keep updating dependency whenever a new fork appears.

1 year, 2 months ago

i use fresh main version
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Factorio-Tiberium Version: 1.1.28

thanks

1 year, 2 months ago

I have pushed a patch to fix the crash from the recipe selector side, however there is no change to how recipe virtual signals are being generated.

New response