Cheese's Concentrated Solar

Adds concentrated solar energy based around heliostat mirrors, which can point at solar power towers to generate heat for heliothermal energy production, or solar lens towers to generate giant lasers.

Content
5 months ago
Combat Power

i [Chaining] Very cool mod. How about letting the light polymerize?

5 months ago

Yeah, this has been suggested a couple times, although this concept art is especially cool. I have a prototype of it, but didn't have time to fully realise it - looking to give that a shot over christmas.

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

My current plan boils down to:

3rd type of tower, lens tower:
- Directs light to other towers.
- Acts as a mirror with the sum of its inputs, minus some ineffeciency.
- Will default to pointing to the closest other tower.
- Allows keeping some kind of map inside of circuit signals to towers, allowing paths to be redirected by circuits.

Electric powered beam, to allow these to function at night, act as long range durable electric poles, etc.

Additionally, allow towers to output circuit signals based on conditions similar to an accumulator, which may come first.

5 months ago

My current plan boils down to:

3rd type of tower, lens tower:
- Directs light to other towers.
- Acts as a mirror with the sum of its inputs, minus some ineffeciency.
- Will default to pointing to the closest other tower.
- Allows keeping some kind of map inside of circuit signals to towers, allowing paths to be redirected by circuits.

Electric powered beam, to allow these to function at night, act as long range durable electric poles, etc.

Additionally, allow towers to output circuit signals based on conditions similar to an accumulator, which may come first.

Sounds great, looking forward to your work.

I wish you all the best in your creation and life.

New response