Cheese's Concentrated Solar

Adds concentrated solar energy based around heliostat mirrors, which can point at solar power towers to generate heat for heliothermal energy production, or solar lens towers to generate giant lasers.

Content
5 months ago
Combat Power

g How do the Solar Laser Towers work?

9 months ago

I'm going a run with Exotic Industries, and one of the dependencies is this mod. I'm having an issue trying to get the Solar Laser Tower to actually work. I put it down, along with 50 of the Heliostat Mirrors, but the tower never seems to fully charge. I've left it there for several minutes, and nothing. I'll see a beam between the tower and mirrors from time to time, but nothing consistent. It just sits there with the low fluid and never fires.

Here is a screenshot https://imgur.com/01CApRV

9 months ago

The laser towers work the same way as the power towers; the fluid does not charge over time, it just represents the current intensity of sunlight, which scales their damage past the activation threshold.
There is a bug report that the beams are not appearing that I haven't had time to look at due to work, but it may also just need more mirrors - the max for any tower is in the range of 450, so something like 200 is generally safe - this effectively has not been balanced for the laser tower.
When it's activated, it will work like a very powerful laser turret.

New response