Cheese's Concentrated Solar

Adds concentrated solar energy based around heliostat mirrors, which can point at solar power towers to generate heat for heliothermal energy production, or solar lens towers to generate giant lasers.

Content
5 months ago
Combat Power

i [Added 0.2.1] Bounds indicator for placing towers

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

When you are placing a tower, the previously placed tower bounds are displayed, however the bounds for the tower to be placed are not displayed. Would it be possible to add this?

Very nice mod, great work!

Edit: Also, I did not notice an increase the bounds area from 33 to 35 per the change log. My existing setup shows no increase in the bounds area. I was expecting to be able to add an additional row of mirrors.

1 year, 4 months ago

Hi! Investigating how to add that currently, but it's not ended up as simply as hoped. Should be possible though.

The "increase" in bounds size is working correctly there, the issue being the bounds size was already effectively 35, made up from 33 + 2 from the width of the towers, and was generally a bit of a mess.

Not agaisnt increasing the range further though, if it's still too difficult to max out the tower's solar intensity at 35.

1 year, 4 months ago

I moved the turbines outside of the tower bounds area, I seem to have enough space, currently using 560 mirrors which I think is more than required (546?).

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Hmm, while it would be very helpful... placing other items work similarly (the area of effect not being visible until after placing it). So while a great addition, it would break the norm.

Edit: Ok, I am not crazy. The placing of roboports displays the bounds, so there is precedent.

1 year, 3 months ago

+1

1 year, 3 months ago

Added for 0.2.1

New response