Cargo Ships without Oil Generation deprecated

Seraph fork. Adds cargo ships, oil tankers, deep sea oil rigs and other ocean based content

Content
3 years ago
Transportation

a Don't Download - Will Deprecate Soon

3 years ago

This mod was made purely to solve a mod conflict I encountered, and I was such a newbie that I didn't realize there were Map settings that essentially do exactly what I wanted.

I will be deprecating this one soon -- please use the original Cargo Ships located here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/cargo-ships

My apologies for any confusion this has caused.

3 years ago

remove it

2 years ago

Last I tested, his mod still crashes the game when used with other mods as his deep sea oil settings does not completely prevent the script from running. As such, it's unplayable with some other mods. I've been watching the changelog of Cargo Ships and try it every now and then, but it's still not been addressed. Until then, I'm leaving it up so me and my friends can play without the game crashing everytime we discover new land.

2 years ago

(Also posted on the Cargo Ships thread)

Seablock 0.5.5 (August 2021) added compatibility code to make sure the deep sea oil setting stays permanently disabled. It seems to load for me. Does this fix your issue? I think the problem might have been that with "Use different mod settings per save" enabled, it was difficult to get the runtime setting to stick manually before loading the game at all. Seablock simply removes all other other options from the menu. Unless math.random() generates a negative number, it should never actually try to make deep_oil in this case, even though it will consume UPS.

Your solution of disabling the on_chunk_generated event is a good idea for performance regardless. I'll see if it can be included in the next release. I'm also confused why the oil settings are still runtime settings. Resource generation is usually configured in startup settings, which also makes it easier to force a save to load with different settings.

2 years ago

I believe the problem was resolved by robot256 in the latest update, so this fork can safely be made deprecated.

1 year, 8 months ago

(Also posted on the Cargo Ships thread)

Seablock 0.5.5 (August 2021) added compatibility code to make sure the deep sea oil setting stays permanently disabled. It seems to load for me. Does this fix your issue? I think the problem might have been that with "Use different mod settings per save" enabled, it was difficult to get the runtime setting to stick manually before loading the game at all. Seablock simply removes all other other options from the menu. Unless math.random() generates a negative number, it should never actually try to make deep_oil in this case, even though it will consume UPS.

Your solution of disabling the on_chunk_generated event is a good idea for performance regardless. I'll see if it can be included in the next release. I'm also confused why the oil settings are still runtime settings. Resource generation is usually configured in startup settings, which also makes it easier to force a save to load with different settings.

Been awhile since Ive played Factorio and forgot. After we iron some mod settings will test the specific interaction with Angel Bob + Sea again. In the meantime deprecating -- it was supposed to be deprecated a long time ago, but stopped checking Factorio for a bit.

New response