Titanium

by brevven

Adds titanium ore to the base game. Titanium is mined with lubricant and used in Low Density Structures, Flying Robot Frames and a few other places. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, and more. A standalone piece of BZ Mods. With graphics by snouz.

Content
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g Error with 248k

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Hey,

The new update has an error with 248k:

1254.552 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Error in assignID: item with name 'fi_materials_titan' does not exist. It was removed by bztitanium.

Source: production-science-pack (recipe).

Looking at the sources of the mods I have, looks like that is added to the production-science-pack when 248k is in overhaul mode with krastorio2.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

I fixed it locally by just moving require("compatibility/248k") from data-updates.lua to data-final-fixes.lua, and that was the only error I received from the updates.

1 year, 9 months ago

Ah thanks! I'll work on compatibility of 248k+K2+BZ all together.

1 year, 9 months ago

That sounds great. Thank you so much for these mods, they definitely helped me get into k2 coming from bobs/angels and having similar complexity that felt good because I chose to have it rather than have it chosen for me.

1 year, 9 months ago

Added the immediate fix (almost exactly what you did). Will explore further compatibility soon.

Glad you are enjoying the mods! Definitely one of my major goals is to keep them very modular, so you can choose a good level of complexity for whatever situation.

1 year, 7 months ago

Error still occures, but for roboport:
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: item with name 'fi_materials_titan' does not exist. It was removed by bztitanium.

Source: fi_robo_port_entity (roboport)

1 year, 7 months ago

Hello! I can't reproduce the error at this point. Do you have any other mods that directly integrate with 248k recipes?

Save files always help with this type of thing, too :)

1 year, 7 months ago

I could center my error to the mod LootingRemnants: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LootingRemnants/discussion/631c816d39bc59b4a62f7435

1 year, 6 months ago

Thanks for letting me know, and apologies for delay.

As you surmised in the linked thread, LootingRemnants is handling things at an early stage. This can indeed be fixed on the LootingRemnants side. It's just a one line change, so you can probably change it locally if you're not playing on a multiplayer server.

In info.json the dependencies must be updated to: "dependencies": ["base", "(?) bz-dsr-bridge"],

And you must also make sure you're using BZ Mods Bridge.

I'll update the other thread as well.

New response