Titanium

by brevven

Adds titanium ore to the base game. Titanium is mined with lubricant and used in Low Density Structures, Flying Robot Frames and a few other places. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, and more. A standalone piece of BZ Mods. With graphics by snouz.

Content
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

i Krastorio 2 and alt SE LDS recipe

3 years ago

Can you add some K2 stuff to use Titanium instead. Plus change the recipe to be more in line with K2 with 2 ore to one plate with an enriched recipe that requires more work but gets more plates out of it. Also space exploration as of 0.3 has added some new resources one of which give Low Density Structures a new recipe via Aeroframe scaffold which still uses steel with this mod.

3 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about the space exploration changes. I'll try to update that soon.

I've not used Krastorio 2,so that will take me longer to look into :)

3 years ago

Space exploration change was pretty quick, and is now updated.

3 years ago

For Krastorio 2 Krastorio Legacy had Titanium plates that came from other ores. Looking there might be a good start.

Also you might want to use Krastorio Legacy's Titanium plate graphic as is a lot better looking than what you have currently ( Krastorio uses GNU LGPLv3).

3 years ago

I almost forgot K2 changes the stack size to 200 for ores likes iron.

3 years ago

I just played a bit into a game of K2 with Titanium enabled. Good news is it's compatible, and plays pretty well overall. If you're in the mood you could give it a go.

I'll update sometime soon to make a few changes if K2 is enabled, including stack sizes and enrichment.

3 years ago

Updated for some changes for K2. Might add Titanium to more recipes once I have a better feel for how the endgame of K2 plays out.

3 years ago

Alright, added some more K2 recipes, updated in the Information tab. I think the K2 changes are pretty complete at this point.

3 years ago

Just as a thought could chlorine be used to mine Titanium with K2 instead of Lubricant sense K2 has it.

3 years ago

I think I'll leave it as lubricant, to keep it somewhat close to the modded vanilla version.

3 years ago

I ended up adding an experimental setting for the titanium mining fluid. I think lubricant plays best, and that will be the default, but you can change to sulfuric acid or chlorine if K2 is installed.

If the setting is too hard to support for any reason I might remove it, but I hope to keep it.

New response