Make things for warfare.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

g [Will not change]Disable uranium processing

9 months ago

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to implement an option to keep the vanilla uranium ammo production instead of using the mods more complex recipe?

I like everything about this mod except this. It doesn't agree with my brain and my blueprints. Would be deeply appreciated!

KiwiHawk ☆
8 months ago

This isn't something I'm interested in doing sorry. Bob's mods already has a ton of options! I don't want to add yet another. Uranium ammo is supposed to be high level so it makes sense there's a bit of complexity to it.

8 months ago

Okay, I see your point. Thanks for the quick reply, and for keeping these great mods alive!

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

For a long time, the recipe for Uranium Ammo was just the old one.

I eventually changed it because a lot of people complained that it should be more like my Recipes, otherwise by the time you get to the point of mining Uranium, there's little point to crafting Bob ammos.

It was basically a community request to make the Uranium ammo harder to craft.
While I did add options for many of the changes I've made, this isn't one I added an option for. When I asked the community, it was exclusively of the opinion that the recipe should be more difficult.

I'm fairly sure that in all this time, you're the first person to ask about it.

8 months ago

I found this thread because I was also looking for a toggle to disable the change to the uranium ammo recipe. I agree that some amount of added difficulty is nice, but I had a small mega base and applied mods to that. There are SO MANY changes that I feel like I'm forced to start from scratch. Not exactly the experience I was looking for. I wanted modded, but some of these tweaks (in combination with so many other changes) is a bit much.

I think a toggle is a good idea, so that those that want the harder difficulty may have it, but those that are struggling with all the modded changes may be overwhelmed. (I'm considering going back to vanilla, so perhaps these mods aren't for me. I mostly just wanted the boosted enemies .)

So I guess add a +1 to this first time request. (fwiw, I've been a Factorio player since June 2016)

KiwiHawk ☆
8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

You could keep Bob's Enemies mod enabled while disabling Bob's Warfare mod?

The general expectation with overhaul mods is that they will be enabled from the start, rather than added late game. So how much you need to rebuild isn't something that's given a lot of consideration.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I have to agree with Kiwi on this one. Most of my mods are designed with the assumption that you're going to start the game with them.

They're built in such a way that if you add mods, or change settings, for the most part they'll change the game state so that things don't crash, but recipes will change.

though keep in mind that when I wrote most of these mods, pretty much every time the game received more than a bug-fix patch, a Recipe somewhere was changed. Some of the major ones even deleted or changed the size of buildings, requiring you to make changes to your base.

In a climate like this, requiring you to make modifications to your production chains felt like something minor.

Also keep in mind that while my mods did mostly just add things in the beginning, most people were requesting more "Integration" with Vanilla. This means changing recipes to use my materials instead of vanilla materials, like Aluminium and Titanium for the low density structure, instead of steel.

KiwiHawk ☆
8 months ago

I was wondering if there was a way to implement an option to keep the vanilla uranium ammo production instead of using the mods more complex recipe?

You could use this mod to tweak that one recipe: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/recipe-tweaker

It's a fairly new mod but created by an experienced modder. There are so many mods on the portal that just change a single recipe. The aim of this mod is to make that unnecessary.

7 months ago

i was looking ages ago for an option to bring back old vanilla uranium, and that was years ago, and again on another play through i find my self once again searching for a solution, i love the concept of harder levels of turrets, and i use with schales evolution mod which gives mega bugs, so i use the sniper turrets a lot, but i end up simply skipping the weird wood recipe for uranium ammo. would be cool to add a simple option to disable if people should so choose. i get not wanting to default it too off, but i don't get being so against a simple toggle option for those that have requested it.

7 months ago

Hi all. Thx Bob. Great Mod. Finally after about a year I managed to jury rig a "mega base". Also was looking a work around for the complex Uranium ammo situation to disbale it by default in Menu. That said can anyone suggest past an infinity chest how to get the wood resource in a way that is predictable? It cant me mined per se. Lòoks like I need to build a complex factory to make this Uranium ammo?

KiwiHawk ☆
7 months ago

Hi all. Thx Bob. Great Mod. Finally after about a year I managed to jury rig a "mega base". Also was looking a work around for the complex Uranium ammo situation to disbale it by default in Menu. That said can anyone suggest past an infinity chest how to get the wood resource in a way that is predictable? It cant me mined per se. Lòoks like I need to build a complex factory to make this Uranium ammo?

Bob's Greenhouse mod gives you a way of automating wood production. Uranium ammo is high tier so it makes sense to need a complex factory to produce it.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobgreenhouse

4 months ago

Hello is there anyone available to point me towards the recipe for the uranium ammo in Bobs Warfare? I just downloaded this mod to get back into the game, I already have my base done and all research unlocked, and I cannot figure out where to build it. I can see the recipe for the Uranium ammo mag but not the pre-requisite Uranium bullet recipe. I've been using the plasma bullets and they're awesome, but not being able to find the recipe for the uranium one is bugging me. Everything else about this mod I love so far though!

New response