Adds logistic related things.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g Shortcut: Toggle from Short to Long Inserter

3 years ago

Hi,

There is an UI element on the upper left corner of the screen to toggle from short to long inserter placement mode. I constantly find myself clicking on that little checkbox, which is quite annoying, especially on higher DPI monitors... Is there a configurable shortcut for this toggle? I would love to have it.

3 years ago

Hi,

There is an UI element on the upper left corner of the screen to toggle from short to long inserter placement mode. I constantly find myself clicking on that little checkbox, which is quite annoying, especially on higher DPI monitors... Is there a configurable shortcut for this toggle? I would love to have it.

Place the inserter first, then point to it and press SHIFT+L (I think, might be CTRL+L)
unfortunately there's no shortcut key to just turn the toggle on.

3 years ago

Yeah, the SHIFT + L one I knew about... The other one for the toggle would be a nice addition, since it would help people to make a smoother transition to bob's short/long range inserter system.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I strongly believe the switching from short to long handed inserter could be easily implemented as a toggle button in the shortcut bar. That would be more in-line with Factorio developers' ideas, and also much cleaner since it would remove that piece of GUI from the top left corner.

Fields "toggleable" and "associated_control_input":
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Shortcut

and:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Shortcut_bar

Mods like "Merging Chests" and "Assembly Analyst" make use of this shortcut bar system.

3 years ago

I am aware of the shortcut bar. I've had it as a button on the top since before the shortcut bar existed. Classes also has a button for the GUI switcher.

These are both side by side with the "Rocket results" button, and open a window in the same place and style as the rocket results window, so in theory, I am still following their style.

As for the shortcut bar, I have considered it, but there's 2 main issues.
1. There's a limited number of places in the shortcut bar, and if you don't have mods, the game itself will fill all those slots as you research technology. There's no room to add more and be able to show them all!
2. Most of the things on the shortcut bar have alternate means to perform that action. New blueprints for example can be grabbed from the blueprints screen, which opens by pressing B.

So, I could add it to the shortcut bar, but I wouldn't want it ONLY on the shortcut bar.

3 years ago

That would be nice!

I usually disable most of the shortcuts I don't frequently use, they are configurable. Even the amount of slots in the shortcut bar is also configurable.

Well, stuff in the shortcut bar can get really complex. I believe this case is easy, all we need is a simple toggle, like the one for enabling/disabling the exoesqueleton, or the other for enabling/disabling the personal roboport.

I'm not 100% sure, but the "associated_control_input" field seems to be the variable where a keyboard-binding shortcut could also be assigned to the toggle, which would be an fantastic addition, e.g. the key "i" for inserter.

New response