Bob's Logistics mod

Adds logistic related things.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

i 8 exits per tank

4 years ago

could you make your fluid storage tanks have pipe conections in the 4 corners insted of just two of them? (maybe just the last tier)

4 years ago

It would require a little graphics editing, but I think that's something I can manage.
no promises though.

4 years ago

If and when you give it a try, this guy managed to make it (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/StorageTank2), not sure about his code licence though

4 years ago

I know I could just take that mod, but I dont want to, because if I do, I wont have any use for your tanks.
If you finally cant, or dont want to make it, ill just take that one, so dont worry

4 years ago

I made graphics for it, but I'm not sure I want to replace the existing ones with an 8 connection one. I actually built something with storage tanks yesterday that wouldn't work with the 8 connection version.
let me think on it more.

4 years ago

I am really curious about what could not work with an 8 exits tank lol. And... I don't know, maybe you can do something like your logistic robots, the current 4 tiers, and the a 5th one with the same capacity as the 4th one, but with 8 exits, using a 4th tier tank and some more iron and steel, or something

4 years ago

something like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u63x41vgvfx8p7o/Screenshot%202019-06-06%2021.31.50.png?dl=0

Basically, loading/unloading a fluid wagon works best when you have wagon, pump, tank, it can go several times faster than if you had a pipe in there somewhere. wagons are 6 tiles long with a 1 tile gap between them, meaning if you want 2 pumps per side at maximum efficiency, you'll need to put 2 tanks side by side.

if you're doing that with just 1 fluid, no problem, but as you can see in my screenshot, I'm doing it with 2 different fluids. it doesn't matter which station which train arrives at, it's fluid is sucked out (Because of the 0.17 no fluid mixing thing, the oil pumps won't even try to connect to the Litha water tank), so if the storage tanks I'm using here had all 4 corners, this setup wouldn't work.

4 years ago

Isee

4 years ago

I see*

4 years ago

Well... You can do that, add a fifth storage tank tier made with the forth one, and idk, some pipes and steel. That fifth tier would still have 100k capacity, but with 8 exits, that way you can keep having the 4 exits 100k version

4 years ago

Please cosider this Bob.

4 years ago

It's done. Latest version of logistics (0.17.16) will now have a "All corners" version of the storage tank.

New response