Bob's Logistics mod

Adds logistic related things.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

i more personal roboports

4 years ago

could you add more personal roboports, like one or two more tiers, with some more robot capacity and construction área?

4 years ago

It's actually on my list of things that I should look into already.
If you want more robot capacity, you can actually just put another roboport in your equipment grid, but construction area? need to add a higher tier for that, so yes, I'm probably going to do it at some point.

4 years ago

yes, the thing is having more bots, and more área in less space, thanks a lot for looking into it

4 years ago

if I may, I suggest two more tiers, with:

bot capacity: 50-100
charging stations: 6-8
construction área: 60-80

each new tier could cost two of the previous tier, plus something else, like an electronic component, or something.
you could also add a separate versión of each tier that has no charging stations (oriented to be used with nuclear bots)

4 years ago

or maybe.. you could modularize everything alltoguether, like your robot logistics sistema, built by parts, like, one thing gives you robot capacity, something different gives you construcción área, and one last gives you charging stations (in v0.16 a guy made a mod like this, it would be very usefull)

4 years ago

just brainstorming, dont mind me, do it a you consider, sorry

4 years ago

It's not a bad idea.

Counter-suggestion.
Each upgrade costs only 1 roboport, the upgraded version only has an increased range.
Additional modules can be installed to add additional robot control and charging points. The charging points obviously not needed if you're using the fusion powered robots.

if you're the type of person to install 2 roboports in the first place, having that area filled with my planned modules would result in controlling more than currently possible with the current MK2 roboport.
however, it would see users of a single MK2 at a disadvantage.

4 years ago

I'm more of a 4 roboports type of person, having something to do with the math, I mean, imagine you have a roboports that gives you nxn construction area, if you put 2 in your armor, your construction area is sqrt(2)n x sqrt(2)n, however if you put 4 roboports, your area now is 2nx2n

4 years ago

I'm kind of a math freak in all things factorio

4 years ago

But yes, spu ds good enough

4 years ago

Sounds good enough*

4 years ago

It seems the area is simply added together. roboport 1 is 30x30, simply multiply that and you get 900, multiply by 2 for 2 roboports is 1800, or 4 is 3600.
square root that 1800 to get 42x42, or square root 3600 to get 60x60.

4 years ago

yes, I know, but as I said, do it as you consider, the sistema you mentioned sounded good

New response