Bob's Logistics mod

Adds logistic related things.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g NEEDS better mod information!

6 years ago

The complete lack of information is why I would never use most of these mods. Those of us not familiar with them don't want to install them and then have issues or get a ways into a game then figure out that a mod is hindering our progress by some feature it adds or removes. Mod information is vital and honestly there isn't an excuse for it not being provided.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

It is a real problem, I agree. Personally, I am just getting to grips with some of Bob's mods and I have to say I absolutely love them - with the single (and quite serious) exception that it's a massive struggle to understand how everything works and/or interacts. I don't mind trying/failing - it's not that... it's more that there may be useful functionality that I'm missing, simply because I don't know it exists. Even a feature list alone would be helpful, but we get nothing. For such an accomplished and prolific mod author, it really surprises me that better documentation doesn't seem to be available.

I will happily admit my wrongness if someone can point me in the direction of a reasonably comprehensive wiki or similar :)

6 years ago

Bob interacts with the community via the official Factorio Forums. The Bob's Mod Thread is here: https://forums.factorio.com/viewforum.php?f=51

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Saiph, that's not what mikeskey and patamasta are getting at. It's the fact that the information panel says literally, only: "requires my library mod".
NOTHING about what the mod does, how it changes factorio, no photos about items or information about features or warnings about recipe changes or possible interactions with other mods. Bob's logistics usually doesn't cause any mod-interaction bugs, but (but at some point it COULD)...And for a mod-integrations debugger, the information panel is vital.

6 years ago

The first post from here at the very least has a changelog for all of his mods, although basic descriptions of his mods... even I could do that fairly quickly, just by looking through the prototypes folder.

Bob Logistics - Adds higher tiers of inserters, belts, chests, roboports, trains, pipes, pumps, and storage tanks. Updates recipes (if necessary) to include ingredients from bobs plates/chemicals/intermediates mod.

5 years ago

Agreed.
I keep seeing recommendations about these BOB mods but when I try to get a quick idea of them I basically get the idea that you should install ALL of them - I'd prefer to try them out a bit at a time - so, once again, no go for me.
Next mod...

5 years ago

Fully agree with the OP, I really don't understand why the mod makers with all the work they put on their mods can't spend 10 minutes for even a brief description, not even asking for images, just a some sort of summary, takes literally 10 minutes at most if you want to be extensive.

5 years ago

I am currently going through all my mods, adding the changelog file to the mod itself, making sure there's a thumbnail icon, and adding a basic description about what the mod adds.

So far, Logistics has been a killer, I've spend over an hour just formatting the changelog, and I'm only going back as far as 0.15.0.

New response