Blueprint Variables

This adds circuit signals to the game that when blueprinted, provides an interface to quickly apply changes to all circuit conditions. Additionally, it will update named entities, such as train station names.

Utilities
a month ago
Trains Logistic network Circuit network Blueprints

b ✔️ Missing icon_size causes startup error

5 months ago

In data.lua you have some icon definitions. the lines with"= 64, icon_mipmaps = 4," should be added after every "icon = " line otherwise a startup error will be generated.
I assume it only happens when used in combinations with other mods (I use 300+)

Changing every line like for example:

icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/signal/signal_yellow.png",

into

icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/signal/signal_yellow.png",
            icon_size = 64, icon_mipmaps = 4,

fixed it. The startup error is very misleading. I could only pinpoint it to your mod because you used signal_yellow.png in particular and no other mod was using it.

5 months ago

Okay, just tested this and it doesn't affect my testing, so I'm going to drop it in v0.0.6 in a moment.

5 months ago

Thanks. Bear in mind that every icon needs it, even the one that's dynamically generated. Ask me how I know :)

4 months ago

I get the above error:

10.844 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.12.4 (data-final-fixes.lua)
10.848 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Fehler beim Laden der Mod „angelsrefining“: core/lualib/util.lua:343: No icon size defined for icon
{
icon = "base/graphics/icons/signal/signal_yellow.png"
}
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
core/lualib/util.lua:343: in function 'combine_icons'
angelsrefining/prototypes/angels-functions.lua:1551: in function 'modify_barreling_icon'
angelsrefining/prototypes/angels-functions.lua:1561: in function 'modify_barreling_recipes'
angelsrefining/data-final-fixes.lua:8: in main chunk
10.849 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
11.199 Checksum for core: 466641612
11.245 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: default (utility-sprites).

I get it when I load two mods in total: "Blueprint Variables" and "Angels Refining". If I only load "Blueprint Variables" or only load "Angels Refining" I do not get any error.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

This requires a hotfix since it makes your mod unusable at the moment. I hope you dont wait for other cool features to be finished until you release this hotfix. Meanwhile I have to kick out your (very actually very cool and handy) mod.

4 months ago

Due to the bug I had to exclude your mod from my mod pack https://mods.factorio.com/mod/schmitts-modpack I hope you fix it.

4 months ago

I've seen this, and plan on fixing it, I just haven't had the time yet

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

No sweat. Just wanted to keep you posted. Nobody dies because of this bug ;-)

4 months ago

Fixed in 0.1.2, thanks for the encouragement DE_Schmitt.

4 months ago

Fixed in 0.1.2, thanks for the encouragement DE_Schmitt.

Wonderful! Thus I have reintegrated your mod into my modpack https://mods.factorio.com/mod/schmitts-modpack :-)

New response