Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
22 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i [Implemented] Support for directional movement vehicles

1 year, 4 months ago

I just discovered https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DMV_Directional_Movement_Vehicles AWSD for west, north, south, east, respectively.

I think autodrive doesn't have support for it, does it? Would it be possible to add support for it?

1 year, 4 months ago

See the changelog:

Compatibility:

- "DMV - Directional Movement Vehicles": Add dummy-items to place the vehicles based on the "car" prototypes for which DMV has created a "spider-vehicle" version (we'll need this so the selection tool will show an icon, and to get the icon for the GUIs).

It's been a while since I've added that. If I remember correctly, I could continue to use existing vehicles based on the "car" prototype with Autodrive, but not create new ones. Any new vehicles added would be based on DMV's "spider-vehicle" version. As Autodrive now supports spider-vehicles as well as cars, it should already be compatible with DMV. However, the way Autodrive handles spider-vehicles is a bit different from how it handles cars. Basically, spider-vehicles support some features we added to cars via the sensors out of the box. So in order to make the sensors useful with spider-vehicles, the default behavior of spider-vehicles controlled by Autodrive will be nerfed a bit. :-)

I'd be glad if you'd try out how Autodrive and DMV work together in a real game, and report any bugs you may find. Modding has taken so much of my time that I haven't had the chance to play Factorio for real in about two years -- all I've done is setting up testing environments for my mods. However, this is just testing under lab conditions -- things may be very different in real games.

New response