Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
9 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g Autodrive and Gizmo's

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Howdy. Why does Autodrive prompt me about using Gizmo's? I finally tried Gizmo's to see what it would offer and it doesn't seem to compliment Autodrive at all. Note that I'm playing single player.

I had half expected the keys to summon the car via pathing instead of teleportation--a shortcut to your "claimed" vehicle instead of having to make sure the vehicle is selected w/ the RC unit. It seems that Gizmo's only offers sticky player coloring and car teleportation in my environment, which is the same without Autodrive, yes? What am I missing where the two work together?

Thanks!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You can use the keys to claim a car. You move away from it to build something, then move on a bit because you've seen something doesn't work right just some steps away (so going back to the car and driving there would be a waste of time), then something else pops up still a bit further … Finally, you want to drive to an outpost or your power station. Instead of walking all the way back to the car, you can just summon it near you and get in, then use Autodrive to do the actual driving to that far-away outpost. I use this a lot in my own game. :-)

The coloring probably is only useful in multiplayer, so you can identify "your" car even if some other player has used it while you were away. Locking a car also doesn't make much sense in single player.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Just thought of another use case: multiple surfaces! Autodrive works on one surface only. But you could "walk" to another surface (technically, that's also teleporting) and then summon your car and proceed on your way. May be easier than mining the car (especially if it has a full trunk) and placing it on the new surface again.

3 years ago

Roger and thanks. Good to know I wasn't missing a feature.

3 years ago

GCKI may also help you on UPS as the main function is skipped for locked vehicles. That may be an advantage especially if the logistic sensor is installed. :-)

New response