Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
9 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g [Solved] AutoDrive and VehicleSnap compat?

3 years ago

Does AutoDrive play well with VehicleSnap? When I manually drive, I like the behavior from VehicleSnap. I am planning on testing out AutoDrive, but don't want to judge it unfairly if the two mods fight each other :)

3 years ago

I haven't really used VehicleSnap before. Just for you, I created a new game with Creative Mod, Autodrive and VehicleSnap, cheated a fueled car, and tried auto-driving with and without the snapping. I didn't notice anything bad UPS-wise. The only thing was, when I was driving manually, I couldn't select a position for Autodrive to go to. It was no problem after I'd stopped the car, and I wouldn't consider that a bug.

From my little test, I'm tempted to say that both mods work together. Then again, it was just a test set-up, not a real game with thousands of entities! So, you'd better take my words with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, modding doesn't leave me much time for playing anymore, so I hardly have a chance to do some real in-game testing. Perhaps you'd like to step in? Just install Autodrive and try it out -- I'd be glad to get some feedback about compatibility with other mods! Would be useful to have some solid information that I could put in the description. :-)

3 years ago

Sure. Thanks for checking as now I know what is intended, and what isn't.

3 years ago

All good thus far! I've not noticed a problem between the two mods and I've been using auto-pathing quite a bit.

3 years ago

Thanks! I've added VehicleSnap to the list of compatible mods. :-)

3 years ago

Alright, I have noticed a problem. Initially I had a higher-snap count, so I didn't notice that it wasn't snapping. I recently started manually driving between some tight areas and wasn't aligning, that's what made me think my snap count was too high.

It appears, then, Autodrive is override VehicleSnap on manual drive.

3 years ago

OK, I'll look into that. :-)

3 years ago

Not sure. I've set the number of snapping angles to the absolute minimum: 4. The car I was sitting in was on the Autodrive GUI, but I didn't use the remote control to steer it. Whenever I nudged the car into another direction, Vehicle Snap would very clearly correct the course. Are there any other mods that could have an impact?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm not sure either seeing that:
- Current game, disabled AD, still broken;
- New game, VS only, works;
- New game, VS and AD, works;
- New game, tried adding all the AD modules to the car, sent it around on auto-paths, teleported it with Gizmo's, and couldn't get it to break. I tried creating a straight track to get the "Watch out a train!" message, but it never fired. I almost got smoosed a few times both in manual and autodrive and train detection never worked. Hah, an issue for another day.

Finally:
- Current game, disabled VS, made save, enabled VS and now it works.

This leads me to believe VS's internal state got messed up. I'll watch for something prior to it getting messed up. That's why I tried the train stuff before, because trains cause sudden car movement, like teleporting and bouncing--not to say that AD is involved at all, anymore. It's the new variable to vehicle control so I'm like a dog with a bone. :)

3 years ago

Mischief managed.

When I fat-fingered a CTRL-V I noticed a "<Snapping: off>" message. The fat-finger was SHIFT-V; it toggles snapping behavior--a keybind I didn't know existed. At some point in the past, I must have fat-fingered SHIFT-V and didn't notice the message.

3 years ago

Shit happens! Glad to know it's not a bug. :-D

New response