Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed] Crash when entering car or giving it a location with the remote.

3 years ago

Same crash occurs when I either enter a car that was previously selected for use with the remote, or when selecting a new car with the remote.

3540.866 Error MainLoop.cpp:1202: Exception at tick 5222447: The mod Autodrive (0.2.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event autodrive::on_tick (ID 0)
real number expected got nil.
stack traceback:
autodrive/control.lua:1381: in function 'tick_car'
autodrive/control.lua:1588: in function <autodrive/control.lua:1585>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__autodrive
/control.lua:1381: in function 'tick_car'
autodrive/control.lua:1588: in function <autodrive/control.lua:1585>

3 years ago

Same issue here.

3 years ago

Thanks for reporting this, I'll look into it as soon as I can. Meanwhile, could you provide some more details, please? Did this only occur after updating Factorio to 0.18.19? Do you also use AAI Programmable Vehicles by any chance?

3 years ago

Yes it happens due to update to 0.18.19 and it removes the AI haulers the non AI ones stay (likely based on a setting). I haven't gotten far in AAI yet.

3 years ago

The root of the problem is that AAI will replace vehicles when it controls them. (There is another report because of this, where the GUI gets filled with unusable buttons.) I've discussed this with Earendel, so now there is a way that AAI will notify other mods if a vehicle is exchanged. Just have to get it working -- and hope this also will fix this crash. :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It started when I updated to 0.18.19 however I do not have aai installed.

Come to think of it I did recently add Edit- Blueprints which toggles the editor mode. I wonder if that could be related now.

3 years ago

For a quick fix, change line 1381 in control.lua from

shooter.shooting_state = {}

to

shooter.shooting_state.state = defines.shooting.not_shooting

(In case you don't know how to do this: Go to your mods directory, open or unpack autodrive_0.2.1.zip, and edit the file with any text editor you like. If you unpacked the zip file, you'll also have to restart Factorio, so it will load the mod from the new location.)

I'll update later, want to use the chance to fix some other stuff as well. :-)

3 years ago

Thanks that seems to have fixed it on my end.

3 years ago

Thanks, fixed it for me too

New response