Tier-One Primitive Tech

** USE ONLY ON A NEW WORLD ** This mod selectively removes/hides certain technologies which are NOT considered "Tier one". Only the lowest level "Tier 1" buildings and technologies are allowed for a primitive lifestyle. Certain settings can be toggled ON to override the default behavior.

Tweaks
3 months ago
Manufacturing

g Settings UI is being implemented.

1 year, 30 days ago

Settings UI is being implemented.

1 year, 30 days ago

version 0.0.5
I am testing the in-game mod settings by adding logic to enable/disable the long-handed inserters.

1 year, 30 days ago

This seems to work as a "startup" setting, but when I try to change it to "runtime-global", the game fails to load the mod.

If settings.lua has this :

data:extend({
{
type = "bool-setting",
name = "TOPT-AllowLongHandedInserter",
setting_type = "startup",
default_value = true,
order = "a",
},

Then it works fine, but you can NOT update the setting during a game, only before loading the world.

However, if settings.lua has this :

data:extend({
{
type = "bool-setting",
name = "TOPT-AllowLongHandedInserter",
setting_type = "runtime-global",
default_value = true,
order = "a",
},

Then the game fails to load regardless of the syntax of the invoking line in data.lua :

if not settings.startup["TOPT-AllowLongHandedInserter"].value then
data.raw.recipe["long-handed-inserter"].hidden = true
end

OR

if not settings.runtime-global["TOPT-AllowLongHandedInserter"].value then
data.raw.recipe["long-handed-inserter"].hidden = true
end

1 year, 29 days ago

version 0.0.6 has been released with new settings, but they are all "startup" options, which can NOT be changed during a game.

These values can be changed from the Main Menu ONLY.

1 year, 29 days ago

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaSettings.html

At runtime, it is just settings.global, not settings.runtime-global :)

And you can change startup settings mid-save, you just have to go to main menu, reload, and then load your existing save. (Not clear if you already knew this, but I'm saying it just in case).

1 year, 29 days ago

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaSettings.html

At runtime, it is just settings.global, not settings.runtime-global :)

And you can change startup settings mid-save, you just have to go to main menu, reload, and then load your existing save. (Not clear if you already knew this, but I'm saying it just in case).

Thanks, I have the Lua-API site open 24/7 ;) and I did figure out that it was just setting.global, but it still didn't work for some reason, so I switched them all back to "startup" type.

And it is good to remember that one can easily hop back to the Main Menu to quickly change the settings at any time.

Please let me know how the mod behaves for you and let me know of any issues. Post something in the issues topic.

Thanks !

1 year, 28 days ago

All settings are implemented EXCEPT for the prohibited placement of Solar Panels and Accumulator via Settings.

This will require scripting... stay tuned.

New response