Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
11 months ago

g Mission 4 bug

2 years ago

I don't speak English well, so I used Google Translate.
When the 3rd assembly machine is destroyed in mission 4, the following error is displayed while normal dialogue is output, and the game crashes.

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
Must provide either a 'position' or 'target'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_controller'
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:447: in function 'init'
core/lualib/story.lua:56: in function 'story_update'
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:990: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:987>

The scenario you made is really great. Thank you.

2 years ago

Hi, thank you for report.

I tryed to replikate the problem but I didn't find any issue. May I ask what exactly you did before, when you destroyed third assembly machine?

P.S.
It looks it just failed a cinematic scene, try to load few minutes earlier (autosave) and again destroy the assembly machine.

2 years ago

I maybe found the problem, but I'm not sure if this is the case.

Did you went to the fortified "secret" base, where are centrifuges before destroying assembly machines?

2 years ago

[Google translate] (sorry :/)

Thanks for your reply. I knew there was a huge enemy base with a centrifuge, but I didn't attack it.

Tried to play again with autosave game or new game, but always got the same error.

Regardless of the location, after destroying the last (3rd) pirate assembly machine, a crash occurred at the end of the dialogue event.

The action before destroying the last(3rd) assembly machine was to explore all the chests on the map and obtain the items.

The huge base with the centrifuge to the northwest only confirmed its location.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'll today release a new version of the mod. Or you can try older version (version 1.0.5 is 100% ok) . Also I recoment to disable other mods which changing/removing vanila game entities.

2 years ago

Thanks to your advice, the problem was solved.

As you advised, I disabled all the modes and proceeded the scenario, and there was no crash.

I checked the modes I used one by one, I found that there was a collision with 'bottleneck'.

The reason was that the mode used in the previous mission was used as it was.

Thank you for answering quickly. :)

2 years ago

You're welcome. I will also put "bottleneck" mod to the black-list in description of my mod. :-)

New response