Spidertron Waypoints deprecated

Have more control over your spidertrons by using waypoints and creating patrols! Includes customizable 'Time passed' or 'Inactivity' wait conditions. ⚠️ Deprecated. Please use Spidertron Patrols instead. ⚠️

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i [Completed] Food for thought - larger integration

3 years ago

I'm super excited you made this. Starcraft functionality is just what these spiders needed. I would really love to see some kind of idea flow considering the https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-programmable-vehicles AAI mod, a collab here for ideas and compatibility is going to be sick.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I guess that if AAI Programmable Vehicles does not already support spidertron, then it will do soon, and I'm not really interested in supporting complex schedules like AAI does, so I think that is better left to that mod, which it already does well. My mod is just intended to be a simple vanilla extension.

Getting the 2 mods to work together would be very tricky I imagine as well.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

As long as they play nice together maybe it'll work out just fine, I'm still working on getting a full suite together for testing compatibilities. I suppose what I'm envisioning is something like...a circuit condition being met, and AAI triggering a patrol route of 5 different spiders in zones. I.E. "If gate opens here, send spider B on patrol in zone B" I suppose it would be on AAI to figure out how to trigger that. Are patrols set up in a way where this should already be able to be accomplished?

3 years ago

I see what you mean, and I agree that it would be cool, but what I'm saying is that I think that AAI can likely already do something like that, and if it can't now, it would probably be easier to implement it directly in AAI instead of trying to interface with my (likely completely different) system.

It isn't currently set up to allow patrol inputs from other mods, but it actually wouldn't be that hard for me to add, so if you still think that this idea has potential, I could add that. As long as other mods aren't trying to control spidertrons, it would be doable for me to add a 'send on patrol to these coordinates' interface. Storing and triggering the inactive patrols, though, would be outside the scope of this mod

3 years ago

Let me test around. There's a lot of mods incorporating this kind of thing. Yours seems to work great as intended. Great work on this!

3 years ago

Sure. I'll definitely be adding the remote interface I just mentioned.

3 years ago

The remote interface was added a few days ago, and I don't intend to take this any further by myself. If any other developers are using the remote interface, let me know and I'd be happy to help with it.

New response