Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

b [Fixed-2.4.1] Crash when editing wait condition time text field

1 year, 1 month ago

My game crashed when I was editing my time (Inactivity Time) for some waypoint:

2128.936 Error MainLoop.cpp:1288: Exception at tick 198994161: The mod Spidertron Patrols (2.4.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SpidertronPatrols::on_gui_text_changed (ID 2)
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/patrol-gui.lua:57: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/patrol-gui.lua:57: in function 'slider_value_index'
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/patrol-gui.lua:643: in function 'handler'
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/patrol-gui.lua:711: in function 'wrapper'
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/gui-lite.lua:155: in function 'handler'
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/gui-lite.lua:185: in function <SpidertronPatrols/scripts/gui-lite.lua:168>

Thanks.

1 year, 1 month ago

Sorry for another message so quickly. You usually respond quickly! Just wanted to make sure the message didn't get lost...
This crash has already happened multiple times while I was trying to configure my spidertron's waypoints inactivity time (I have 16 waypoints at the moment). I was trieng to reduce the time from 5s to 2s.
The crash happens sporadically. Sometimes I manage to edit successfully, other times the game crashes!

Thanks.

1 year, 1 month ago

You usually respond quickly! Just wanted to make sure the message didn't get lost...

Indeed, I appreciate the follow-up! I’d read it this morning in a half-asleep state and then forgotten about it… I really need to stop doing that!

I’ll hopefully get to it in 2-3 hours :)

1 year, 1 month ago

Found the problem - it is when you press tab to go between the textfields, then the 's' letter isn't removed, so the box has a mixture of numbers and letters, which crashes when it parses it. I didn't even know that tab worked in things like this.

1 year, 1 month ago

I don't remember pressing tab. I was using my mouse with double-click, one for focus the text field and other to select the text for me to replace. If I only click once, the cursor start in the end and I could append the new character, instead of replacing the older one!

Thanks for the reply!

1 year, 1 month ago

Well either way - should be fixed in v2.4.1.

1 year, 1 month ago

Somehow you were getting into the state where you could edit the text box, but the "s" at the end was still there.

New response