Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

b [Solved] 2.2.7 Won't load on server and does not show up in the mod manager as an update

1 year, 8 months ago

Updated my mods on the server via https://github.com/pdemonaco/factorio-mod-updater Which downloads 2.2.7, and shows success. mod-list.json shows: "name": "SpidertronPatrols", "enabled": true. However, when I load the save, and go to join the game, I get "mod not in save, synchronize to join" as I have Patrols in my SP stuff. Looking at the in game mod manager, it says Patrols is up to date as of 2.2.6. Looking at my factorio-cutternt.log/factorio-previous.log, it doesn't even seem to think Patrols 2.2.7 is a mod, as I can't see it trying to load Patrols on startup.
Deleting 2.2.7 on the server and copying 2.2.6 from my computer the server loads it just fine.

Luckily on our MP we're rich enough to just replace them with Spidertrons. Still sucks to lose 25+ ling-lings and all their gear and paths.
Any questions and I'll respond quick as I can.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Hey sorry for the inconvenience. I’m guessing it’s a missing dependency problem: Patrols depends on Spidertron Enhancements, which as of 2 August depends on simhelper. Maybe your mod updater doesn’t automatically install new dependencies?

Installing https://mods.factorio.com/mod/simhelper will probably fix it.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

No actually, my previous post isn’t what’s causing the problem. 2.2.7 requires Factorio version >= 1.1.62, which is technically considered ‘experimental’. The ingame mod updater won’t show mod updates for future Factorio versions, but your mod updater tool presumably does.
You can either stay on 2.2.6 (until a new Factorio stable is declared) or all update to ‘experimental’ factorio (opt-in through steam beta, or ingame settings if not using steam). It really is very stable despite the name.

It requires 1.1.62 because it added the ability for mods to allow chests to be filtered. This means that spidertrons will filtered slots can have their filters synced with the docks.

[deleted message]
[deleted message]
1 year, 8 months ago

It says it does, and has installed simhelper, I'll check that simhelper is being loaded.
[EDIT] Oh just saw your next post. Good to know. Thanks! I've stayed away from experimental as I'm running like 100 mods, but maybe I'll make some backups and try it out. Marking as solved if I can.

1 year, 8 months ago

Okay, edit button is weird here. Just for reference to anyone that comes upon this thread, this is a headless server running on Linux.

1 year, 8 months ago

I think you’re mixing up the edit button with the ‘quote’ button (which despite the questionable UI are 2 different functions…) :)

I’ll clear it up and mark as resolved, thanks!

New response