Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

i [Fixed-2.2.9] Increased movement speed spidertron

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello!
This is a cool mod! It's a shame that I only found it now)

But I noticed that if there are, for example, an exoskeleton in the spidertron (increased movement speed), then the spidertrone runs past the site and there is an idler.

You have a lot of experience in creating mods, but I will try to think of a solution to this problem)

1 year, 9 months ago

Yeah this is a known problem, the only solution for now is to not put exoskeletons in the spidertron. I'm currently working on a large update which will allow specifying a dock as a station instead of just placing the waypoint on top of the dock. Then the code can check that the spidertron is actually docked and if not it can tell the spidertron to return to the dock. I wouldn't expect this update to be done within the next 2 weeks though.

1 year, 9 months ago

The update will probably also remove the patrol remote as a craftable item and just make it something that is created in the cursor when you click a specific button in the patrol GUI.

Have you tried Spidertron Patrols with your aircraft mod? It would be pretty cool if your aircraft could be set on patrols, and if it doesn't currently work then I imagine it would be quite easy to change it so that it does since your aircraft are spidertrons internally right?

1 year, 9 months ago

you are absolutely right! my planes are spidertrons and i tested with your mod everything works great except that my spidertrons have very high inertia and fly past the dock))

You've got really cool additions for the spidertrone. take everything)

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

I've just released v2.2.7 which teleports spidertrons (and your aircraft!) back to the patrol point once they've stopped, in case they overshot it. It's not a very elegant solution, so I'll likely improve it in the future (maybe requiring some modding API additions...).

1 year, 8 months ago

This is great news! Thank you! :D

Do you know what is responsible for following the player? where the spidertron tries to keep the same distance all the time.

1 year, 8 months ago

With 1.1.67 we have LuaEntity::stop_spider() added which I'll switch to using instead of teleporting :)

1 year, 4 months ago

This has been fully implemented in v2.2.9.

New response