Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

b [Fixed-2.2.8] Crash when adding 'Inactivity' waypoint

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

The game crashs when I was setting the conditions of some waypoint (Inactivity). As soon I selected 'Inactivity', the game crashs, before I can select the time.
I was also using the docks (try to leran how to use then!). The spidertron was at the moment traveling between two docks (these 2 docks where in place of the 2 waypoints)!

Crash Log:

1629.153 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 98203780: The mod Spidertron Patrols (2.2.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SpidertronPatrols::on_nth_tick(5)
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/spidertron-control.lua:79: attempt to index local 'old_inventories' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/spidertron-control.lua:79: in function 'was_spidertron_inactive'
SpidertronPatrols/scripts/spidertron-control.lua:129: in function <SpidertronPatrols/scripts/spidertron-control.lua:114>

Thanks

1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks for the report, though I'm struggling to replicate the crash. Would you be able to upload a save game?

1 year, 11 months ago

I could, but I'm using a lot of mods, and several of them have modifications I made locally.
Also, I couldn't replicate the error again after I loaded the game again!
I don't know if it's relevant, but I was testing the patrol mode with spidertrons using docks inside a sandbox provided by the mod 'Blueprint Sandboxes' (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-sandboxes).
Let me know if you still want my game saved. I can send the whole folder with my mods together with the save!

Thanks

1 year, 11 months ago

Ok, well if you can't easily replicate it then I won't be rushing to fix it :) Ensuring that it won't crash should be very easy for me to do, just a quick null-check. But given that it (presumably) shouldn't be getting into this state in the first place I'd like to see how it is happening, which will require a bit more investigation, particularly without it being reproducible. I'll probably be able to manage, but not for a few days I think.

1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks for the reply! I don't think either that this bug is critical.
Besides not being able to reproduce, I don't remember more details about the game state during the crash! I've had this mod in the game for a while, but I haven't used any of its features yet, so I was experimenting...

1 year, 4 months ago

Oh, this was fixed in 2.2.8 when I discovered it independently :)

New response