Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

i [Completed-2.2.0] Adjustment/Suggestion/Question

2 years ago

Howdy Xorimuth!

I really like your mod and I have been trying to find something that does this for a long while! Only question: is it possible to turn the docks into a logistic requester? So that you set requests to automatically fill up a spidertron?

2 years ago

*P.S. I have some coding knowledge and would love to help adapt it if you'd like the help!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello,
I presume that you've thought of putting a requester chest next to a dock with an inserter to transfer the items? I appreciate that it isn't exactly the same as a logistic requester dock, but I think that it is sufficient for most use cases.

I don't think that I want to change the dock into a logistic requester for everyone, but you'd be very welcome to contribute a pull request on Github. I can see this working in 2 ways:

1. A setting to change all docks into logistic requesters. This should be pretty easy: change container into logistic-container and add logistic_mode
  2. A setting to add a second type of dock into the game that is a logistic requester. This would require adjusting technologies, adding a new recipe and item, and changing a lot of the code where "sp-spidertron-dock-x" is hardcoded. Feel free to have a go at it if you like, but I doubt that it would be worth it over option 1.

I might have a go at option 1 at some point towards the end of September myself, if it hasn't been done already by then :)

2 years ago

I've just implemented this, and will release it soon, but surely it is better to just have the spidertron handle the logistic requests itself? You can set the waypoint wait condition to wait for inactivity or full inventory...

2 years ago

Released now in v2.2.0.

2 years ago

Awesome! I will have to give it a look! :D Very cool!

New response