Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

i Stationary docking & actions

2 years ago

I noticed that my spidertrons sometimes rapidly dock and undock, probably due to its swaying. I can think of two solutions for this; either only dock when stationary (like at a waypoint), or by undocking further away than docking. This could also help with the overshooting issue from a previous thread by adding a small centering force to the spidertrons while docked.

Also, is it possible to have a setting for spidertrons to pause mid-route while it attacks or repairs? Currently I'd have to set a waypoint every 20 tiles or so to do this

2 years ago

I noticed that my spidertrons sometimes rapidly dock and undock, probably due to its swaying. I can think of two solutions for this; either only dock when stationary (like at a waypoint), or by undocking further away than docking. This could also help with the overshooting issue from a previous thread by adding a small centering force to the spidertrons while docked.

Done in v2.2.0. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, is it possible to have a setting for spidertrons to pause mid-route while it attacks or repairs? Currently I'd have to set a waypoint every 20 tiles or so to do this

Nice suggestion. It requires some more thought about how it would work with the current UI, and if I do add it, it won't be any time soon.

New response