Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

b [Fixed-2.2.9] Docking with exoskeletons

2 years ago

if a spider has a high(er) speed than normal, e.g. through mods that add an equipment grid to spidertrons (quite few) then the spider becomes "so fast" that when docking is confirmed the spider still has a lot of velocity causing it to overshoot the dock and wait till its condition is met, which obviously won't happen if its inventory cannot be interacted with:

so yea, somehow making it "walk back" a few tiles so it can actually stay docked would be nice :3

2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. For now I'd recommend using less exoskeletons or offsetting the patrol point to give it more space to overshoot away from the direction it will be arriving from.

I'll have a look at trying to make it more reliable in the future, but no promises!

2 years ago

i removed all equipment before posting this thread already, and adding/changing the waypoints would have been too much of a headace for me anyways.

glad you took notice & take your time, i am in no rush whatsoever :)

2 years ago

Hopefully the changes made in v2.2.0 make docking much more reliable. I haven't ruled out more changes to make it 100% reliable though, but I don't anticipate them coming soon.

1 year, 8 months ago

I've just released v2.2.7 which teleports spidertrons (and your aircraft!) back to the patrol point once they've stopped, in case they overshot it. Its not a very elegant solution, so I'll likely improve it in the future (maybe requiring some modding API additions...).

1 year, 8 months ago

sweet πŸ‘

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

This has been fully completed using LuaEntity::stop_spider() in v2.2.9.

1 year, 4 months ago

:)

New response