by Zaflis

Adds recipes to compress and decompress ores and plates

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Storage

g problem with other ores

3 years ago

Hi there, i know the ore compression mod and now this simple compress are rewrite for esyer get ores from other mods correct? But where are the other ores support? I payed with angel, Bob and other mods and simple compress find nothing from it.

Maybe you can show the code from this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Mining_Drones
the mod loock automaticle what are ores by the users game and this are than avaible.
I hope the ores from bob/Angel come in in simple compress and say thank you for youre time and work.

3 years ago

This mod doesn't work automatically, each ore type is manually scripted. That is why mod support doesn't really exist here. Bob's ores should be compressable though. Deciding which textures to use and what RGB color to give for each individual compressed item is all handmade.

But i also made functions and hopefully good enough instructions so that addon mods for Simple Compress can be made by anyone.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

But why you didnt whant it automaticle? The picture from the other mods are readable i think.
I dont think, that many normal player write anythink in the codes to get the other ores. Sure its youre think but i found it very pity.
Or not automaticle and you ask the modder from bob/Angel if you can get use the pictures from ores and write it fix in simple compress with a if the mods Bob/angel are ther, than ...

Thx for answering. I hope the are a way for me to can play with simple compress. I like the ideare very much but so where this mod are now - its not practicle for me.

Have a great week. (sorry for my english ;-) )

Edit: Here you write you work on it for other ores (tin, gold...) https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SimpleCompress/discussion/5cd6ba87545c0d000b9ee52b
whats happened, why now not more?

3 years ago

I really recommend trying OmniCompress, it will do it automatically. I would need a way to build the graphics of say "compressed X ore" using the ingame picture of "X ore". I don't know how the other mods do that and it would be vastly different from the recolored ore cubes i have now. I don't believe game even allows mods to read pixel colors from texture to get some "average color" or something, which would probably not even represent the ore in the end.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

But if the texture the only problem so what? Than have the other ore not the same cubic pictures. There are other mods they use the picture from other mods and make an extra icon over it to have an distinguishable picture. https://mods.factorio.com/mods/EmperorZelos/omnimatter_compression do it so.
Maybe this are than only the modicon with 50% opacity and you're cubic shadow under this with 100%. Any thing like this maybe? I eont know, im not a programmer. Maybe you can ask the other mod writer?

Or use exact the same icons from the other ores (for compress and decompress) and sort all recieps in an extra Tab for the craftingmenue for simple compress. So the user dont need a seperate icon. If there are a Tab "simple compress" and there are allways two same picture - left side compress, right side decompress its easy for the user to understand this and dont need a seperate picture.

Youre handmade picture are nice, this is not the question but if the people who play with Bob/Angel (i think there many people to play this) cant use youre mod because only the picture i think the people can good live with not handmade picture - if they can use than youre mod.

Sorry, i dont know if you know what i mean whith my bad english and we have here 08:20 in the morning and im suoper tired and must realy go sleep ;-).

Thank you.

3 years ago

I made a new addon mod for Deadlock's stacking beltboxes. You can configure its stacksize similar to this mod, so you get best of both worlds:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DLStackOverride

New response