Shortcuts

Adds a host of useful shortcuts to improve QOL. Shortcuts for the artillery remote, discharge defense remote, tree deconstructor, and toggles for equipment, rail blocks and the player lamp. Also adds in a customizable grid overlay, far zoom and an artillery wagon toggle shortcut. See mod portal FAQ page for a full list of shortcuts and supported mods.

Utilities
4 years ago

i Re: smart artillery targetting

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Artillery Bombardment Remote does something similar to what you're considering as far as targeting artillery.

It seems that the shortcuts appear to be enabled from game start, even through artillery is not yet available, and its targeting remotes are locked behind research.

4 years ago

Ah, this does seem exactly what I wanted, thanks. For autogenerated shortcuts I'm not disabling them based on technology as AFAIK any player can circumvent this by simply using the /unlock-shortcut-bar command and because shortcut gating only works across a whole profile, not limited to a save. Also because searching the techtree for the item is something I want to avoid right now. If you want, I can add the remotes from this mod to the blacklist so that they will be balanced as usual.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ideally, you would remove the recipe unlock from the technology, and instead have the shortcut being available be gated by the technology being researched, but I'm not sure how to solve that in a generic sense.

You can supply a 'nothing' modifier that accepts an effect_description of a LocalisedString; perhaps watch for a technology unlock with a 'nothing' modifier, that supplies a LocalisedString of the format { "description.Shortcuts-unlock-shortcut", { "shortcut-name.<thing to unlock>" } }?

Edit: perhaps what we really need is a mod interface request to allow a technology to directly unlock a shortcut?

4 years ago

Ah yes, that is a good idea. Have the shortcut toggled off at the start then toggle it when the research is completed through script. If the technology could be defined in prototype that would be very useful (although changing this might lead to another naming issue, as we would need a 'soft' and 'hard' versions of technology_to_unlock)

New response