⚠️ SearchlightAssault ⚠️

Adds a game map and searchlights which sweep for foes at great range, alerting you while directing adjacent turrets to snipe spotted foes. Designed to dovetail with the early-mid game, searchlights provide: - Circuit network interfaces for search & detection I/O - Incentive to automate lamp & combinator production in the early game - New tactics to assault biter bases without leap-frogging turrets!

Content
1 year, 4 months ago
Combat

b Enemy Race Manager - Crash

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello,

First let me thank you for this awesome mod, it is functionnal and really easy to use.
A real pleasure to integrate into a power-saving system.

So, I installed the Enemy Race Manager and used the button to replace the Biter faction with the Red Army (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/erm_redarmy). While the replacement works, I quickly have an error preventing me from continuing :

Error while running event SearchlightAssault::on_tick (ID 0)
Given entity doesn't exist anymore.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__SearchlightAssault
/control-gestalt.lua:282: in function 'EnterSafeModeSync'
SearchlightAssault/control-gestalt.lua:556: in function 'CloseWatch'
SearchlightAssault/control.lua:261: in function <SearchlightAssault/control.lua:250>

Thank you

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks for the report!

I'll try to get you a fix soon, hopefully by the weekend if I can.

1 year, 1 month ago

So, this isn't something I can fix in a meaningful way on my end.
Enemy Race Manager is replacing the hidden enemies on a special enemy force my searchlights target, which inherently breaks my mod.

I've made a request to that developer to add a compatibility feature:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/enemyracemanager/discussion/643758519734aab5761f9bbf

1 year, 21 days ago
(updated 1 year, 21 days ago)

Thanks to the both of you ! :D

1 year, 15 days ago

This should be fixed in ERM 1.17.1.

If it still crashes, please send me your save.

1 year, 15 days ago

This should be fixed in ERM 1.17.1.

If it still crashes, please send me your save.

Thanks for the update!

It looks like everything works great for the most part!
There's just a small syntax error that causes a crash, but I already sent you a pull request with the fix.

After testing the update with my fix locally, I was able to replace the biters with little red army dudes.

New response