Schall Transport Group

Put transport subgroup into a separate new “Transport” group tab, containing all vanilla and most modded vehicles. Designed for players who have lots of modded vehicles cluttering the “Logistics” tab. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский) To fellow modders: Please consider putting your modded vehicles in this group as well! Only minor modifications are needed. Instructions included in FAQ.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation Trains

g [Responded] Can't tell why AAI AI vehicles don't show up in Transport Tab (Not my problem)

3 years ago

Hi Schall, can you tell me why the AI versions of AAI vehicles don't appear in the Transport tab? Both prototypes seem to have the same subgroup "transport", so I can't tell why the AI version stays in the Logistics tab.

screenshots of the issue: https://imgur.com/gallery/MqyO2Vv

3 years ago

Note that I'm trying to fix this on my own, but I don't understand what the actual problem is.

3 years ago

Short answer:

"AAI Programmable Vehicles" actually do NOT have any lines (like what mentioned in my FAQ) to support this mod. So no surprise its recipes are not using the tab.

Long answer:

It seems fine that it works correctly to show up in Transport tab, if you are using the vehicle mod alone (say, "AAI Vehicles: Warden").
I am using the vehicle "Warden" as the example. The recipe name here is "Warden (Recipe)".

If you are using vehicle mod together with "AAI Programmable Vehicles", note that you actually have THREE recipes in your crafting menu:
1/ Recipe name here is "Warden (Recipe)". Vehicle crafting recipe, in Transport tab. (The same recipe and same behaviour as if you are not using "AAI Programmable Vehicles".)
2/ Recipe name here is "AI Warden (Recipe)". Vehicle + Green circuit recipe, in Logistics tab. subgroup name = "ai-vehicles". (I think this is what you are talking about.)
3/ Recipe name here is "Remove AI from Warden (Recipe)". Vehicle to Vehicle recipe, in Logistics tab. subgroup name = "ai-vehicles-reverse".

So the subgroups used by recipes 2 and 3 has to be under group = "transport" as well. The lines are located in its mod prototypes/item-groups.lua.
The order string may also need to be changed to be looking nice with other items/recipes.

Also note that "AAI Programmable Vehicles" do not have any lines to support this mod, in putting those vehicles in proper subgroups. So even though recipe 1 is in Transport tab, it is just placed along with things like rail signals, not "properly" placed with other vehicles.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That is correct he is referring to the vehicle that can be remote controlled. At least now we know what the problem is. You (fgcapo) might want to head towards Earendel's discord to help push for a fix. I already am going to report an issue over there over SE overriding the changes this mod does because with K2+SE+other mods my logistics tab is very bloated when everything is researched which is why I got this mod in the first place.

3 years ago

Thanks Schall, I didn't realize the recipes were causing the issue.

GeneralTank, a quick fix is to set the AI vehicles' recipes to have the same subgroup as the original non-AI recipe, in "ai-vehicles.lua" lines 361 and 377, in the programmable vehicles mod. I'll propose this change on Earendel's discord. I'm not confident they'll make the change, so I may end up making a new mod to retrofit all the AAI vehicles into nice rows in Schall's Transport tab.

3 years ago

fgcapo while you are doing that can you undue the changes space exploration does to vehicle groups mainly the vanilla train stuff

https://imgur.com/RfF3VIz

New response