Schall Remains & Pickup

Inventory items and grid equipment inside destroyed containers, like chests, vehicles (cars, tanks), will now spill over ground, instead of simply vanish. Adds a hotkey to pick items on ground with adjustable pickup radius. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies Storage

g Delayed/deferred distribution for large item sets

1 year, 7 months ago

Not sure if you're still active on the mods, Schall, but I've found that with this mod installed (which I love, btw), if a large container gets blown up (like, for example, if I accidentally hit "space" and fire a railgun round through my 4 Storage Warehouses at the center of my base... >.>), the game lags horribly as it tries to place all of the items. This makes sense, as it is trying to do the calculations for all of them, and those calculations aren't free.

However, for a very large item set to distribute, would it be possible to store the list of items that need to be distributed, and the center point from which they should be distributed, into a mod-global list, and then pull out chunks of those items on an every-tick or every-X-ticks basis and distributed them to limit the performance hit? It would mean that the items get pushed out to the ground over a few second (or a number of seconds, if a VERY large amount of item stacks), rather than all at once, but it would limit the sudden lag from the computations. If the items were set to land in a growing radius as the ticks since the explosion occurred increased, it would even mimic actual explosions, where chunks ejected from the explosion take longer to land further away, so arguably improves realism a bit too.

New response