Schall Remains & Pickup

Inventory items and grid equipment inside destroyed containers, like chests, vehicles (cars, tanks), will now spill over ground, instead of simply vanish. Adds a hotkey to pick items on ground with adjustable pickup radius. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies Storage

i [Solved] wishlist: randomize placement over a larger radius, more like a genuine "scattered by boom" effect...

4 years ago

I like the mod so far, but the one "complaint" - and I use the term loosely because it isn't much of a complaint at all - is that the perfectly square item drop is kind of ... it pulls me right out of the moment by reminding me "this is a game" too much.

I think it would be a good enhancement to scatter them randomly through a radius from the point of detonation; an example that is fairly good is in the "Thematic Quickstart" mod, which is under the MIT license, and so reusable for you: https://github.com/alexa-griffin/thematic/blob/master/thematic-quickstart_0.0.4/control.lua

I'd suggest moving it just a little further away from the center point, but otherwise that scattering will probably feel a bit more natural, I'd hope. :)

4 years ago

That is a nice idea/request.
But note that there are more calculations, especially if there are a lot of contents (like Angel's Warehouse) will cause massive lag. So I still have the current behaviour as default, the new "random scatters" are provided as options.

I have provided some options in my current test version (which may be published on Thursday, if everything works fine).
I have made some screenshots or how things look like, on FAQ page.
"Circular" options are more costly than "Square" options. "each Item" options are more costly than their "by Stack" options. So players not using modded large containers can choose the "better-looking" options.
Please comment on how you feel, and what may be improved.

If they are not good enough, I can add even more distribution options. Please provide mathematical formula (like, x = ..., y = ...) if there are any specific distributions you would like to see.

4 years ago

thanks so much! outward is amazing, and I completely didn't realise I wanted it before you put it in!

very much appreciated, and I understand the lag issues too, of course.

4 years ago

Glad you like it.
After making the options of different distribution, I realized that all of them are either grouped at centre or uniformly distributed, so I decided to provide a new one where remains tend to be away from centre.

Wonder if this may motivate PvP players to grow some "flowers" in enemy bases. :P

4 years ago

hehe, maybe it motivate them to use small bombs, not nukes, for the shapes. :)

seriously, though, thanks, and also for your other mods. great stuff.

4 years ago

Just released 0.17.2, which include the above-mentioned feature. Have fun with it!

And thanks for your kind words! This really keeps me motivated in modding.

New response