Schall Pickup Tower

Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Responded] Could you make towers show the power grid when held? (Will not implement)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Title. Sorry to bother you again, but it's annoying to have to pinpoint my grid before being able to place a tower.

And maybe the range of other pickup towers? Would be nice to be able to space them properly.

3 years ago

No, if there is a vanilla API way to do so, this is beyond my knowledge and ability.
This is automatic for pole type entity, but takes lots effort to add for other types.
It has to be done by keep tracking of every poles and make rendering rectangles for each of them. I do not have such time to spend on this. Not to say it is potentially performance killing, as bases usually have thousands of poles.

This is no difference from showing power network grid when user is holding any specific type of items in cursor.
You can request this feature in Factorio forum, see if anyone have the time to spare on this.

3 years ago

Damn, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

Ah well.

New response