Schall Pickup Tower

Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Responded] A customizable pickup timer (Will not implement for UPS)

3 years ago

I'm just starting to enjoy your mod, being fan of most of others, and the only "problem" I can find is that at the beginning of the game the pickup time is a bit too slow for me.
Can be an idea to put on settings a value that you can change during game?
This allow you to customize the time based on your need and personal preferences.
For example, I use your tower with the peppermint mining mod, that take on surface the ores patch as ores on the ground and with your towers I collect the ores.
This, in a standard game is no needed because the peppermint work with bots, but using the new game+ I can start with all the bot I need and this help me mine faster than usual and then have the tower to collect them a bit often is a must to have. After a while, when I have a good storage of ores, I can slow down the time without problem, but at the start... Ok, it's a bit tricky, but it's just an idea.

3 years ago

No, sorry. I do not think this is a good idea.
Greed is a normal human behaviour, even for good people. It is not uncommon that some players like to tune to the extreme settings, to their advantages.
When they built a lot of power towers (PT) but not removing the unneeded ones, the game will be much slower with more scans. They will just blame this mod sucks, and all responsibilities will be put on me because my mod allows such thing under normal use conditions.

So you have two options here:
1/ Simply put more PT I around the ore patches. PT I is made much cheaper in the latest updates anyway. And range requirement is lowest when PT is used for such mining, smallest PT is enough for the job. Also, low tier PT is needed as ingredients for high tier PT, so no fear for producing more PT I.
2/ Edit the PT settings. Firstly, decompress the mod ZIP file. Secondly, edit config/config-1.lua. Under function config.PT_interval(tier), edit the value below to your need. (WARNING: Edit at your own risk. I am not responsible if your game slows down to a crawl.)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If you place a single timer for each tower, maybe, but if you use a single timer for all tower and all the scans are made recursively using a counter?
Example, at x time the scan start, doing scan of tower-1 first, then tower-2 few ticks after and so on?
This way the load is lesser and well organized throught the standard game job...
But it's just my 2 cent idea...

About the option 2, already tried, but as told it's a timed settings that I need, and changing the value force me to save, exit the game, edit again the time and then reload it in a single game, thing that not only slow down it a lot the game, but reduce drastically the time I can dedicate to play...
Having ti as option in the standard mod settings, not the starting one, can solve this and that's the reason I was asking.
Each one after that is the only owner of the problem it cause to it's game, but putting a warning on the settings text can be enough to relief you from all the self caused problems.
As standard you can place it on 120 seconds with a starting text that warn you about the chance to modify it and the risks.
I can try to do it myself, but I dont like to play with modders work without his permission to do it.

New response