Schall Pickup Tower

Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Responded] Higher tiers can't be picked up (Not my problem)

3 years ago

The higher tiers (tested with tier 4) cannot be picked up our blueprinted

Also while testing with alien drops alien ores and artifacts can't be put in a deconstruction planner

If these are purposeful may I know the reason?

3 years ago

Sorry to say, but I cannot understand your sentences well, which are supposed to be in English.

Just tested in 1.0.0, I can place PT IV by hand, blueprint it, and place another PT IV with the blueprint.
It did take the alien ores and artifacts dropped by the dead aliens, just need to wait for the labelled 120 s pickup interval.
I do not understand how picking is related to deconstruction planner...
If talking about deconstruction planner alone, I can use it on any PT IV. The bots came to remove them without leaving traces.
I do not see anything wrong with them in my game.
So I cannot not reproduce any problems you may have encountered, if those were what you tried to mention.

Maybe you have to be more specific on how the problem is? When the problem comes? And what other mods may have involved?

3 years ago

Picker or looting remnants may be the culprit. I can only remove the towers in Editor Extension mode and they're a little small box in the middle.

As for the ore, I cannot add them to the white or blacklist of a deconstruction planner.

Sorry for the confusion.

Modlist:
aai-industry
aai-programmable-structures
aai-programmable-vehicles
aai-signal-transmission
aai-signals
aai-vehicles-chaingunner
aai-vehicles-flame-tank
aai-vehicles-flame-tumbler
aai-vehicles-hauler
aai-vehicles-laser-tank
aai-vehicles-miner
aai-vehicles-warden
aai-zones
alien-biomes
beltlayer
bigtruck
bobclasses
bobinserters
boblibrary
cargo-ships
Coke
Construction_Drones
Crawler
CW-orbital-solar-power
Dectorio
EditorExtensions
even-distribution
factoryplanner
Fill4Me
flib
grappling-gun
HelicopterRevival
jetpack
LJD_Vehicles_A16
LootingRemnants
miniloader
minime
Mining_Drones
MIRV
Orbital Ion Cannon
PickerAtheneum
PickerBeltTools
PickerBlueprinter
PickerDollies
PickerEquipmentKeys
PickerExtended
PickerInventoryTools
PickerPipeTools
PickerVehicles
pipelayer
Pollution_is_the_Solution
Rampant
RealisticReactors
Realistic_Electric_Trains
RecipeBook
Robot256Lib
robot_attrition
Rocket-Silo-Construction
SchallAlienLoot
SchallAlienMutation
SchallAlienTech
SchallAmmoTurrets
SchallArmouredTrain
SchallArtillery
SchallCircuitGroup
SchallCircuitScaling
SchallCombatRobotics
SchallEndgameEvolution
SchallGeowarfare
SchallGunPod
SchallInserters
SchallLampContrast
SchallLandMine
SchallMapTag
SchallMissileCommand
SchallPickupTower
SchallPrimaryBattery
SchallRechargingWeapon
SchallRemainsPickup
SchallSuit
SchallTankPlatoon
SchallTransportGroup
SchallVirtualSignal
selfsealingstembolts
stdlib
StoneWaterWell
Stormwalls
Todo-List
Total_Automization
Tow_Tank
Transport_Drones
Unit_Control
VehicleWagon2
VPE
Warehousing
Wood_Gasification

3 years ago

For the deconstruction planner, even vanilla ores (e.g., iron-ore, coal) cannot be set as whitelist/blacklist filters. The game mainly deals with entities, but not to distinguish items on ground. So it is vanilla GUI design problem, not my fault. You should report to Factorio official forum, if you think it is an issue.

"Upper part of tower" remained after removal definitely means some mod(s) have overridden my removal script.
This mod list is too long for me, I would not have such plenty of time to test them. So you have to try to isolate out which mod(s) maybe causing the conflict. Please do the following steps:
1/ Start with your mod set, with this mod (Schall Pickup Tower) enabled.
2/ Pick a mod to disable, starting with the most susceptible mod that you think could be the culprit. (Calling it "mod A" in the following .)
3/ Enter the game. Check if having any problems you mentioned (like blueprint problem, remnant problem, etc.).
4/ If still yes, then select the next mod to disable. (Calling this as "mod B", "mod C", ..., vice versa. So now from "mod A" to last chosen mod are disabled.)
5/ Repeat from 3, until the problems are gone.
6/ Now the conflicting mod(s) must be within those you have disabled. Mark this list down.
7/ Reenable all mods again. Repeat from 2, but this time only pick mods from this conflicting mods list to get disabled.
8/ Try to narrow down the conflicting mods list as much as possible. (I guess only 1 or 2 mods are truly responsible.)
9/ Send me the final conflicting mods list here. It would be reduce a lot of my workload, if I only have to check the code of 1 or 2 conflicting mods.

3 years ago

Whelp I figured it out.

Looting remnants creates a second version modified by that mod, but doesn't replace the unlocked towers from the technology.

I'll give darkfrei a heads up.

3 years ago

As for the deconstruction planner, yeah seems reasonable. I'd like an option for only dropped items but I think that's probably inconsequential and wouldn't be a high priority to implement.

Cheers though.

3 years ago

One moment. Gonna do a quick third test as a control study.

3 years ago

I'm am idiot and editor extension is evil.

It's all good and I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

So it all seems to work as intended when I'm not trying to cheat.

3 years ago

Good, so there are no bugs.

New response